How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
Book in 3 taps
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Find closest locations
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Check all the luggage storage spots in Amsterdam
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage near Schiphol?
The price for luggage storage near Schiphol starts from just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Schiphol?
There are multiple locations in the Schiphol area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS), Amsterdam Central Railway Station (Station Amsterdam Centraal), and Station Haarlem and all over Amsterdam.
Is it safe to store your bags near Schiphol?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Schiphol.
Are there storage lockers near Schiphol?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Schiphol area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Schiphol and in the broader Amsterdam area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Schiphol?
Popular metro stations like Metrostation Europaplein, Metrostation Vijzelgracht, or Metrostation Jan van Galenstraat can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Amsterdam near Schiphol, you may be close to some bus stations: Amstelveen Busstation, Busstation Schiphol, or Station Sloterdijk, tram-/ busstation (Busstation Amsterdam Sloterdijk). If traveling by train, Amsterdam Zuid Railway Station (Station Amsterdam Zuid), Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station (Station Amsterdam Sloterdijk), and Station Amsterdam Lelylaan are nearest to Schiphol.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Schiphol?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Schiphol are Hotel nhow Amsterdam RAI, Spa Sport Hotel Zuiver, and Corendon City Hotel Amsterdam. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Schiphol are Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark, The Flying Pig Uptown Hostel, and Dutchies Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Schiphol?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Schiphol are McDonald's, Hard Rock Cafe, and Holland Casino Amsterdam.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Schiphol?
Check out the nearby Rembrandtpark, Sarphatipark, and Erasmuspark.
Store your luggage around Schiphol
Luggage storage nearby most Schiphol hotspotsPosted
Schiphol Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage near Schiphol?” Perhaps you just arrived in Amsterdam and need a place to store your bags near Schiphol before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Stadshart, Maxis Muiden, or Winkelcentrum Oostermeent and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on sightseeing in the Schiphol area at Limesaquaduct, Brug Baambrugge, or Dam and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Schiphol!
Luggage storage nearby Schiphol with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Amsterdam with multiple locations near Schiphol.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Schiphol area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag .
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Schiphol area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Eerste Klas Grand Café Restaurant, Starbucks, and Natura Artis Magistra. You can also go for a hike around Amsterdamse Bos, Vuursche Bos, and Bentwoud Benthuizen. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Vondelpark, 't Blauwe Theehuis, and The Bulldog Palace.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Schiphol area?
✅Multiple locations near Schiphol✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Schiphol with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Schiphol really easily.Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Schiphol and Amsterdam without your things!
Schiphol, officially named Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, is an international airport in the Netherlands that was established in 1916. The airport’s name came from Fort Schiphol, a former fortification that served as part of the Stelling van Amsterdam defense works. Initially, the airport was exclusively used as a local military airbase until May 17, 1920, when the first KLM flight from London to Amsterdam took place. From that day on, Schiphol started operating as a civilian airport as well.
Schiphol Airport is situated approximately nine miles southwest of the Amsterdam city center and is a primary entry point for those who want to enter the Netherlands. It is a vital hub for flights across Europe and the world. It also serves as the home base for major intercontinental airlines such as Amsterdam Airlines, KLM, Arkefly, and Transavia, to name a few. It is also consistently ranked as one of the busiest airports globally, serving nearly 50 million passengers each year.
Fun fact: Many urban legends surround the origin of the name “Schiphol.” The most popular one is that several boats sank in the site where the airport stands, which used to be the bottom of Haarlemmer Lake. As a result, the spot got the name “Schip Holl,” which literally translates to “ship grave.”
Schiphol Luggage Storage
The capital city of Amsterdam is a popular tourist spot and a major cultural center for the Netherlands. Along with the beautiful buildings and world-famous museums, the city also has an exceptional way of life that draws millions of visitors yearly. If you’re planning to see the best of Amsterdam - especially if you've got a layover in Amsterdam and you're arriving at Schiphol airport, you can use Bounce’s self-storage services to make your trip as trouble-free as possible. With several locations scattered all over Amsterdam, it’s very easy to store your bag anytime, anywhere!
Can You Leave Bags At Amsterdam Airport?
Yes, if you're looking for luggage lockers inside Amsterdam Airport. Schiphol offers lockers for your hand luggage for €8/24 hours. You can use them for up to seven days in a row, but keep in mind that you'll need to pay by card, and the lockers are only 40cmx40cmx70cm. If you want to store your big suitcases at Amsterdam Airport, you can find bag storage for up to 30 days. Daily prices are €6 for a piece of hand luggage and €9 for a suitcase, or up to €12 per day if your bag is an unusual size.
If you're looking for more cost-effective luggage storage options, find Bounce luggage storage near Amsterdam Airport instead, for just €5.90/bag per 24 hours, no matter what size your luggage is.
Things to Do Near Schiphol
Schiphol is one of the largest and busiest airports in Europe, with several direct and connecting flights arriving here daily. With Amsterdam being a significant tourist destination, there’s no shortage of people arriving at the airport to come and see what the city is all about. The city has a unique, laid back culture that makes for an exciting trip. Here are some of Bounce’s recommendations on the absolute best things to do in Amsterdam.
- Go on a cruise along the UNESCO protected canal in the city and get a one-of-a-kind point of view of Amsterdam. There are all kinds of boat tours, from sightseeing and romantic cruises to quirky ones such as a burger cruise.
- Explore the city on a bicycle. Amsterdam has over 800,000 bikes, making it one of the most cycle-friendly cities in the entire world.
- Visit the scenic neighborhood of Jordaan, where you will find several shops, art galleries, and other notable attractions. In the community, you will find the renowned De Negen Straatjes, or Nine Little Streets, lined with hip boutiques and shops.
- Get the most incredible view of the city from the observation deck on the 20th floor of A’dam Lookout, located in the Overhoeks neighborhood.
- Visit one of the many “coffee shops” in Amsterdam. These shops don’t refer to the typical cafés; instead, these are places in the city where you can enjoy cannabis-infused treats (also known as “space cakes”).
- Visit the infamous Red Light District of Amsterdam. Take a guided tour to get a more in-depth understanding of how things work.
- Shop and explore at Albert Cuypmarkt, which is the largest daily street market in Europe. You will find everything here – from food and drinks to souvenirs, art and more.
Transit Options in Schiphol
- Amsterdam Airport Express (Bus 397)
- Nederlandse Spoorwegen (aka Dutch Railway)
Luggage Storage Options near Schiphol
- Rijksmuseum: A Dutch institution, this museum has a remarkable collection of Dutch art and other historical artifacts. Some of the masterpieces you will find at Rijksmuseum include Rembrandt’s The Night Watch and Johannes Vermeer’s The Milkmaid. There’s no facility for travel luggage in the museum. Luckily, you can leave your things with Bounce before you visit Rijksmuseum.
- Anne Frank House: No trip to Amsterdam would be complete without seeing this attraction, which is the spot where Anne Frank wrote her journal and hid for two years before her capture in 1944.
- Van Gogh Museum: Perhaps the most well-known museum in Amsterdam, this facility is dedicated to the life and works of artist Vincent Van Gogh. The museum has a collection of Van Gogh’s paintings as well as some of his letters and drawings. Since the museum’s cloakroom can only accommodate small bags, it’s best to drop your things off at a Bounce location in the area.
- Vondelpark: The 120-acre park, which is Amsterdam’s version of the famous Central Park, is a great place to relax and admire nature within the city. You will also find an open-air theater in the park where you can watch some performances.
- Royal Palace of Amsterdam: The building, which was once the city’s Town Hall, serves as the home of the King when he’s visiting Amsterdam. When not being used, the palace is open to the public. Explore the entire area without the burden of carrying a heavy bag by storing your things at a Bounce partner nearby.
- Rembrandt House Museum: This building on the Jodenbreestraat was the former home of world-renowned artist Rembrandt and his wife, Saskia. At present, it is a public museum where you will find some of his belongings that tell the story of his life. Large bags aren’t allowed inside. A good alternative would be to leave your things with Bounce beforehand.
- Oude Kurk: Ironically located in the city’s seedy Red Light District, the Oude Kurk (or “Old Church”) is Amsterdam’s oldest surviving building. It mostly features its original architecture and is now a venue for modern art exhibits.
- Keukenhof: Nicknamed the “Garden of Europe” and formerly used to grow fruits and vegetables by royalty, this 79-acre park is in Lisse (a couple of miles southwest of Amsterdam). It is the go-to place if you are looking for the famous tulips of Holland. Store your bag at a Bounce location to keep your hands free to take photos of over 7 million tulip bulbs growing in the garden.