Where can I store my luggage in Oakland?
A 15-mile drive east of San Francisco, Oakland has swiftly become one of the Bay Area’s fastest-growing cities. As of today, over 420,000 people live and work in Oakland, making it one of California’s most populated areas. Oakland is proud to be one of the Bay Area’s most diverse communities with immigrants from around the world. Thanks to its proximity to the UC Berkeley campus, Oakland has also gained notoriety as one of America’s hottest hubs for education and political activism.
Whatever your reason for traveling to Oakland, you can count on Bounce to take care of your bag storage needs. Please consider downloading the new Bounce mobile app to find out more details on luggage storage in Oakland.
- Luggage Storage Near Oakland International Airport
- Luggage Storage Near Oakland Arena
- Luggage Storage Near Downtown Oakland
Oakland, California takes its name from a sprawling forest that once covered the area. These days, Oakland is more famous for its strong car manufacturing industry and its beautiful atmosphere. Oakland is such an astonishing place that folks have dubbed it the “bright side of the Bay.” As of 2020, more than 420,000 live in Oakland. The city also receives hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. Tourists can look forward to embarking on free walking tours and experiencing Oakland’s amazing bars, nightclubs, theatres, and Art Murmur exhibit. Oakland is also relatively close to Sacramento, California’s state capital.
Honestly, we could go on and on singing Oakland’s praises. Ultimately, it’s best to experience Oakland for yourself. Before you book your flight, we want to shed some light on Oakland’s crime statistics. Oakland’s large population lends to a higher than average crime rate when compared to smaller cities. The National Crime Index places Oakland at 1 out of the top 100 safest cities in America. Unfortunately, a score of 1 suggests that Oakland’s citizens report more criminal activity than most American cities. Out of 429,082 Oaklanders, 1 in 77 citizens report violent crimes annually. This contrasts with Oakland’s staggering property crime rate; 1 in 18 Oaklanders report property related crimes each year. Continue to put safety first when you visit Oakland. Use Bounce to store your excess luggage, and don’t hesitate to contact Oakland’s Police Department if need be.
Frequently Asked Questions
“What’s the best way to get around Oakland?”
- Ask anyone from California, and they’ll tell you that you need a car to quickly get from point A to point B. The same goes for Oakland; the city’s dense population means that most buses and trains fill up quickly. You can bike to some areas, but Oakland is still in the process of becoming a more bike-friendly city.
“Is public transportation in Oakland safe?”
- Oakland’s public transportation system is certainly safe, it just gets packed very quickly. Few robberies or violent crimes are reported by commuters. However, travelers who carry too much luggage around may lose track of some of their possessions.
“What’s the best neighborhood to stay in Oakland?”
- Claremont Hills is one of Oakland’s more affluent areas, but it’s also one of the safest. Nearby hotels, restaurants, and shopping centers will be pricier than other neighborhoods. However, you’ll ultimately find Claremont Hills to be worth every cent.
“What are the best museums to visit in Oakland?”
- Stop by the Oakland Museum of California, the Chabot Space and Science Center, and the African American Museum Library to get a feel of Oakland’s culture and history.
“What’s the best time of year to visit Oakland?”
- Spring, fall, or winter are all perfectly fine seasons to visit Oakland. Summer is really the only bad time to visit. California’s temperatures can reach record highs between June and September – as well prices for plane tickets and hotel rooms.
How much does luggage storage cost in Oakland?
Luggage storage in Oakland costs only $5.90 on the Bounce platform for each bag or piece of luggage.
Where is the nearest bag storage in Oakland?
The Bounce platform offers dozens of bag and luggage storage locations throughout Oakland. With 24/7 customer support and up to $10,000 BounceShield™ Protection for every booking, luggage storage in Oakland as never been easier.
Luggage Storage Near Oakland International Airport
Located about 10 miles south of Downtown Oakland, Oakland International Airport (IATA: OAK) is slowly becoming one of the largest travel hubs in the Bay Area. Although OAK isn’t as dominant as the airports in San Francisco or San Jose, it’s still a heavily trafficked airport with about 13 million passengers per year. Some of the most popular airlines that travel in and out of OAK include Delta, Allegiant, and Southwest.
When you’re traveling to Oakland, please double-check you’re not headed to the similar-sounding city of Auckland, New Zealand. Yes, there have been many real cases of air travelers mistaking these two very different cities.
Luggage Storage Near Oakland Arena
The 19,500-seat Oakland Arena is the city’s most significant venue for live sports and entertainment. Pro basketball has always been the most prominent event at the Oakland Arena, but this stadium frequently hosts hot names in comedy and music. Check out Oakland Arena’s official calendar to see what’s going on during your visit. Travelers can find the Oakland Arena about six miles south of Downtown Oakland.
Whatever event you’re planning on seeing in this arena, it’s a good idea to look into Bounce’s luggage storage in Oakland. There are now dozens of Bounce-approved bag storage areas near the Oakland Arena, so you could quickly drop off your bags before a show and pick them up afterward.
Luggage Storage Near Downtown Oakland
Even if you’re not in Oakland for business, you’ll probably end up in the city’s downtown district. Here you’ll be within walking distance of some of Oakland’s most impressive attractions, including the Oakland Museum of California, the Oakland Convention Center, and Chinatown. Those who are interested in architecture should check out the iconic theatres of Uptown, including the Fox and the Paramount. Here you’ll also come across the ultra-modern Cathedral of Christ the Light. Thanks to Oakland’s rapid growth, you’ll have no issues finding trendy restaurants, bars, and shops everywhere you turn.
Please remember all of Bounce’s storage locations accept shopping bags as well as luggage. So, if something catches your eye while you’re walking around Oakland, feel free to drop off your bags at one of our approved facilities.