How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
Book in 3 taps
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Find closest locations
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Check all the luggage storage spots in San Diego
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage near Balboa Park?
The price for luggage storage near Balboa Park starts from just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Balboa Park?
There are multiple locations in the Balboa Park area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Tijuana International Airport (TIJ) (Aeropuerto Internacional de Tijuana), Firefly Car Rental, and Southwest Airlines and all over San Diego.
Is it safe to store your bags near Balboa Park?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Balboa Park.
Are there storage lockers near Balboa Park?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Balboa Park area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Balboa Park and in the broader San Diego area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Balboa Park?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Balboa Park are Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, Hilton, and Wyndham San Diego Bayside. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Balboa Park are Stay Classy Hostel, ITH Zoo Hostel San Diego, and HI San Diego Downtown.
Where are the best restaurants near Balboa Park?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Balboa Park are Ketch Portside Pier, Chick-Fil-A, and McDonald's.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Balboa Park?
Check out the nearby Balboa Park, Mission Bay Park, and Waterfront Park.
Store your luggage around Balboa Park
Luggage storage nearby most Balboa Park hotspotsPosted
Balboa Park Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage near Balboa Park?” Perhaps you just arrived in San Diego and need a place to store your bags near Balboa Park before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at H&M Westfield Plaza Bonita, Spring Valley Center, or Eastlake Terraces Shopping Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on sightseeing in the Balboa Park area at Mission Bay, Puente Zona Rio, or Mission Beach and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Balboa Park!
Luggage storage nearby Balboa Park with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in San Diego with multiple locations near Balboa Park.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Balboa Park area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag .
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Balboa Park area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Elephant Odyssey, and Africa Rocks. You can also go for a hike around Annie's Canyon Trail, Kendall-Frost Marsh Reserve, and Mt Woodson Summit. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Buffalo Wild Wings, Flicks, and Urban Mos Bar & Grill.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Balboa Park area?
✅Multiple locations near Balboa Park✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Balboa Park with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Balboa Park really easily.Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Balboa Park and San Diego without your things!
About Balboa Park
Balboa Park is one of the oldest parks in the United States and has 1,200 acres of greenspace in San Diego, California. The park was opened to the public in 1868 and was known as City Park at the time. In 1892, Kate Sessions, a famous American botanist, agreed to donate 100 trees and shrubs to the park every year in return for 32 acres for her own commercial nursery. That is why she was given the title “Mother of Balboa Park” at the California Pacific International Exposition in 1935.
The historical park was also used as a home to the troops During World War II and the Great War. It was the training ground and barracks for the Navy as well as the Marines during those times. It was even named Camp Kidd after Admiral Isaac Kidd during WWII. And the park was also used as a hospital for many after the Pearl Harbor attack.
This lush green space is not just a park. It boasts museums, gardens, Balboa Stadium, the Old Globe Theater, San Diego Zoo, and much more. The movies Citizen Kane, Rocky III, Top Dog, Scavenger Hunt, and National Lampoon Presents Dorm Daze were all filmed in some part of the park. It was also the cover photo of one of the Beach Boys’ albums.
Fun Fact: The park was named for Spanish traveler Vasco Núñez de Balboa, who was the first to spot the Pacific Ocean during an exploration in Panama.
Things to do in Balboa Park
There are many things to do in Balboa Park, but there are some that you should not miss. It is almost impossible to enjoy it all in one day, so just choose a few of your favorites and save the rest for your next visit. To save time so you can see more, take advantage of the Balboa Park Tram. It is free and stops at many of the most popular spots in the park.
- Visit a few of the museums in the park. Some of the most popular ones are the San Diego Air & Space Museum, the Automotive Museum, the Natural History Museum, and the Model Railroad Museum.
- Get some selfies at one (or more) of the 17 gardens located all over the park. If you want to visit several close together, try the Zoro Garden, Rose Garden, Desert Garden, and Moreton Bay Fig Tree Garden.
- Go to the Casa de Balboa, where you can see several attractions in one place. They host three museums, the Balboa Art Conservation Center, the Committee of 100, Café in the Park, and the San Diego Historical Society Research Archives.
- Take a ride on the Balboa Park Carousel. It was built in 1910 and has handcrafted horses and other animals you can ride on like zebras, camels, lions, and even roosters.
- Right next to the carousel is the San Diego Zoo, and you cannot pass up the chance to go there. They boast over 250 species from the African Giant Pouched Rat to the Zebra.
- Eat your way through Balboa Park. There are 11 eateries in the park, including the Prado, the Flying Squirrel, and Café in the Park.
- Go shopping at one of the awesome shops. There are 19 gift shops and souvenir kiosks located all over the park.
- Play table tennis at the Balboa Park Activity Center just off Park Boulevard by the Administration Building.
Transit Options in Balboa Park
- San Diego Transit Bus Route 7, 120, or 215
- Metro Transit System Trolley
- Rideshare app or Taxi
Luggage Storage Near Balboa Park
Visiting Balboa Park should be fun, but it will be a hassle if you have to drag your luggage. Bounce feels your pain. After all, we've experienced the burden of bags ourselves. We came up with a luggage storage company to help you out. With partners all over the world like museums, restaurants, and hotels, we have convenient locations everywhere to store your bags while you have fun. Download the Bounce app, find the nearest Bounce affiliate, and drop off your things for safekeeping.
Luggage Storage Options Near Balboa Park
- Coronado Central Beach: Coronado Central Beach Park was voted the number one beach in the United States by Dr. Beach. Many people come to surf, swim, and paddle, but you can also enjoy the day just sitting on the beach looking at the beautiful ocean. Drop your bags off with one of our Bounce partners, so you don’t have to drag them through the sand.
- Petco Park: Petco Park is the home of the San Diego Padres baseball team. If you are lucky enough to be in town during one of their home games, grab a ticket and head for the stands to enjoy a fun day at the ballpark.
- Embarcadero Marina Park South: Enjoy some fun at the park. On Marina Park Way, four miles southwest of the park, you will find a waterfront park space with piers, hiking paths, basketball courts, picnic tables, and a concession stand.
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: This is a historic site, so you can find all sorts of memorials and several museums to explore. They also have hiking trails, concession stands, and interpretive exhibits. You cannot bring your bags here, so stop by a Bounce location first to drop them off.
- K1 Speed Indoor Karting: How about some go-karting? You can find the K1 Speed Indoor Karting on Main Street off of CA-75 about three miles south of the park. Race against others, or just try to beat your own lap times. Make sure you drop off your belongings with one of our Bounce partners on your way.
- Piazza Pescatore: Want to do some shopping? The Piazza Pescatore has over 70 retail shops to choose from in one little area. Some of these include India Street Antiques, Kapreeza, and the Atacama Surf Shop. We can watch your bags for you at one of our locations nearby, so you don’t have to drag them along with you.
- Seaport Village: If you didn’t find what you wanted at Piazza Pescatore, try Seaport Village on West Harbor Drive four miles from Balboa Park. They boast over 50 shops related to the San Diego area. You will need to leave your bags with Bounce so you can carry all your purchases.
- USS Midway Museum: This fantastic museum can be found on North Harbor Drive in the San Diego Bay. Yes, it is in the bay because it is on an aircraft carrier, which is what makes it so unique. With over 30 restored aircraft as well as dozens of displays and exhibits, you could spend all day here. Be sure to grab your camera out of your luggage before dropping it off with one of our Bounce partners.