Rated 4.9/5 (153,612 ratings)
Luggage Storage San Diego
Instantly reserve the best locations in San Diego to store your luggage for just $5.90 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
San Diego hotspots
San Diego Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in San Diego?" Perhaps you just arrived in San Diego and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at H&M Westfield Plaza Bonita, Spring Valley Center, or Eastlake Terraces Shopping Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Mission Bay, Puente Zona Rio, or Mission Beach and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in San Diego!
Luggage storage nearby most San Diego hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in San Diego and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in San Diego start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in San Diego now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Elephant Odyssey, and Africa Rocks. You can also go for a hike around Annie's Canyon Trail, Kendall-Frost Marsh Reserve, and Torrey Pines State Reserve Extension. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Buffalo Wild Wings, Flicks, and Urban Mos Bar & Grill.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in San Diego with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy San Diego without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around San Diego with Bounce
San Diego is a paradisiacal city in Southern California 120 miles south of Los Angeles close to the Mexican border. With a population of about 1.5-million people, it's the second-largest city in California, which means that there's a booming recreational industry offering a wealth of attractions to enjoy. Residents bask in sunshine and incredible weather year round, so there's truly no bad time to make a visit to America's Finest City from out of town. Whether you're heading to the beach, famous parks, historic landmarks, or anything in between, we invite you to store your bags with Bounce in San Diego.
If you live in San Diego and are tired of lugging your things around from work to the gym or out with friends, you can safely and conveniently store your bags with a Bounce partner. Otherwise, if you're visiting this beautiful city and need a temporary solution to store your bags, Bounce offers luggage storage in San Diego for an affordable daily rate with partners all over the city.
Luggage Storage San Diego
As frequent travelers and city dwellers, we know that the burden of baggage is a real thing, and that's why we created Bounce. We believe that storing your bags and luggage should be convenient and accessible for locals and visitors alike in major cities nationwide. You can count on Bounce for bag and luggage storage in San Diego so you can enjoy this gem of a city without having your things dictate and derail your plans.
San Diego City Guide
Top Things to Do
Many people clamor to San Diego for its near-perfect climate and the abundance of things to do in the great outdoors. While its beaches and parks are second-to-none, there are also many other prime San Diego attractions that don't necessarily require SPF and shades. In addition to the countless attractions in California's oldest city, you're sure to enjoy the friendly smiles and hospitality happily given by the locals.
San Diego is rich with history and culture, offering a host of museums that reflect the city's past and character. When visiting, be sure not to miss the following museums in San Diego:
- Balboa Park: Balboa Park is an expansive cultural attraction that absolutely cannot be missed. It spans 1,400 acres and boasts gardens, historical buildings, theaters, and the famous San Diego Zoo, which is often cited as the best zoo in the world. Balboa Park is home to a whopping 17 museums—needless to say, numerous visits are required to experience even a fraction of what the grounds have to offer. To start, we recommend checking out the Museum of Man, the San Diego History Center, and the San Diego Museum of Art.
- USS Midway Museum: Located at Navy Pier in Downtown San Diego, the USS Midway Museum pays homage to both the country's longest-serving aircraft carrier of the 20th century as well as the city's longstanding association with the U.S. Navy at large. Visitors can enjoy over 60 exhibits, dozens of aircraft, and audio tours voiced by Midway sailors. Come here for a healthy dose of patriotism and to honor the 200,000+ veterans who sailed on this historic vessel. (Bag-check policy: All bags are subject to inspection, and there are no luggage lockers near the USS Midway Museum. To play it safe, drop your bags with at a Bounce partner nearby.)
- Maritime Museum of San Diego: This museum located on the San Diego Bay preserves one of the country's biggest collections of historic sea vessels. The crowned jewel of the Maritime Museum is the Star of India, the oldest active ship in the world. Only a short distance away from both the San Diego Airport and the USS Midway Museum, this museum is a classic San Diego tourist attraction.
San Diego offers a wide variety of shopping experiences for locals and visitors alike. Some of the most popular shopping destinations across the city include the following:
- Shops in the Gaslamp Quarter: The Gaslamp Quarter is located in the heart of Downtown San Diego, and is a charming neighborhood for dining, nightlife, and shopping. Dozens of boutiques are scattered throughout the area from which you can purchase clothes, books, souvenirs, and more from chains and independent retailers alike.
- Fashion Valley: Located in Mission Valley, Fashion Valley is the largest shopping mall in San Diego with over 200 stores. While it caters to upscale clientele with high-end stores including Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Rolex, it also has more budget-friendly options such as H&M, Urban Outfitters, Zara, Topshop, and Topman.
- Antique District: The Ocean Beach Antique District is a charming enclave of shops selling antique and collectible treasures primarily for the home. It's a quaint destination to get a feel for laid-back San Diego vibes and camaraderie, even if you're only window shopping.
San Diego is notable in the fact that while it's largely a relaxed, no-frills beach town, it also has pockets of upmarket offerings for those feeling a bit fancy. This high-low culture surely extends to the city's culinary offerings, of which the following shouldn't be missed:
- Burritos: Unsurprisingly given its proximity to the Mexican border, San Diego boasts the highest concentration of Mexican eateries serving up the best burritos in the U.S. Award-winning favorites include the California burrito at Ortiz's Taco Shop and the carne asada burrito at La Perla Cocina Mexicana, both located in Pacific Beach.
- Upscale ocean-view restaurants: While La Jolla boasts a diverse food scene for all budgets, its oceanfront is arguably the best area in San Diego for fine dining in a serene setting. Mainstays include The Marine Room for fresh seafood and George's at the Cove for a choose-your-own culinary adventure of cocktail-minded gastropub, laid-back rooftop, and upscale indoor eatery.
- Little Italy: If you're craving some red sauce and carbs, head on over to San Diego's Little Italy for delectable Italian fare. Enjoy homemade pasta at Buon Appetito, casual delights at Mimmo's Italian Village, or seafood at Ironside Fish & Oyster.
Downtown San Diego Luggage Storage
Downtown San Diego is centrally located next to the San Diego Bay to the west. It's also adjacent to some of the city's top neighborhoods, including but not limited to Balboa Park to the north and Barrio Logan to the southeast.
There are so many fun attractions and activities to choose from in Downtown San Diego. From sports to arts and everything in between, here's a shortlist of things to do in Downtown SD:
- Explore the vast grounds and museums at Balboa Park
- Marvel at the variety of impressive artwork at Balboa Park's Spanish Village
- Delight among the animals at the San Diego Zoo, one of the best zoos in the world
- Catch a show at the historic Balboa Theatre
- Browse the shops and restaurants at Seaport Village and Horton Plaza
- Cheer on the San Diego Padres at Petco Park
- Enjoy drinks with rooftop views at Top of the Hyatt or Altitude Sky Lounge
Centuries ago, a mission was built in honor of the late Spanish Missionary Saint Didacus of Alcala. Said mission would eventually develop into the area that we now know as San Diego, California. San Diego is often called the “birthplace” of the Golden State for several reasons. It’s one of the oldest cities in all of California, as well as one of its most densely populated. San Diego is brimming with culture, atmosphere, and opulent architecture. Many of the missions that preceded the city are still standing, and are open to visitors throughout the year.
So much goes on in San Diego that its citizens have dubbed it the “City in Motion.” Just like any other big city, San Diego also experiences its fair share of criminal activity. The National Crime index ranks San Diego the 23rd safest city in America. 100 is the best possible score that a city could receive, meaning that San Diego is statistically safer than 22 other American cities. Percentage-wise, 0.38% of San Diego citizens report violent crimes annually. However, 1.79% of San Diegans report property-related crimes each year. San Diego can be a great place to visit if you stay safe and prepare. Contact local law enforcement and use Bounce’s luggage storage services to protect yourself and your property.
Frequently Asked Questions
“What’s the best way to get around San Diego?”
- Like most Californian cities, the best way to travel through San Diego is by car. San Diego certainly has an excellent public transportation system, but buses and trains can often fill up very quickly. It’s best to rent a car or hail an Uber, Lyft, or taxi and take advantage of California’s expansive freeway system.
“Is public transportation in San Diego safe?”
- Yes, provided that you stay alert in specific scenarios. Commuters typically won’t have any trouble using San Diego’s transit system during the day - aside from actually finding somewhere to sit, that is. However, commuters who travel at night, carry tons of excess luggage, or who simply aren’t paying attention are more likely to experience criminal activity.
“What’s the best neighborhood to stay in San Diego?”
- The neighborhoods near Palm Ave and Alameda Blvd are all great places to stay. Special mention goes to Coronado - a resort city that’s separated from mainland San Diego by the San Diego Bay.
“What are the best museums to visit in San Diego?”
- Latinx and Hispanic heritage are synonymous with California’s culture and history. You’ll find plenty of museums, exhibits, and missions in San Diego that lend credence to that statement. Mission San Diego de Alcalá is one of the city’s biggest attractions; it’s the mission named after Saint Didacus.
“What’s the best time of year to visit San Diego?”
- California consistently gets tons of sun, year-round. It’s one of the reasons people call it the Golden State. However, all that sun can do more harm than good in the summer. Visit San Diego during the spring, fall, or winter - when the weather and the cost of your trip will be much more manageable.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in San Diego?
The price for luggage storage in San Diego is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in San Diego?
There are multiple locations all around San Diego which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Mission Bay, Puente Zona Rio, Mission Beach and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in San Diego?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in San Diego.
Are there storage lockers in San Diego?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in San Diego. Bounce has multiple locations throughout San Diego where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in San Diego?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Ketch Portside Pier, Chick-Fil-A, and McDonald's. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within San Diego are Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, Hilton, and Wyndham San Diego Bayside.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in San Diego?
San Diego offers several scenic parks including Balboa Park, Mission Bay Park, and Sunset Cliffs Natural Park.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in San Diego?
You can find local tourist information at Bus Tour, Cabrillo Monument Visitor Center, and San Diego Seal Tours.