Luggage Storage San Ysidro
Instantly reserve the best locations near San Ysidro to store your luggage for just $5.90/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
San Ysidro Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 24, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near San Ysidro?" Perhaps you just arrived in San Diego and need a place to store your bags near San Ysidro before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at H&M Westfield Plaza Bonita, Spring Valley Center, or Fashion Valley and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Playas de Rosarito, Balboa Park, or Mission Bay Park .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near San Ysidro!
Luggage storage nearby San Ysidro with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in San Diego with multiple locations near San Ysidro.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the San Ysidro area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the San Ysidro area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Elephant Odyssey, and Africa Rocks. You can also go for a hike around Kendall-Frost Marsh Reserve, Balboa Park Trails, and Kwaay Paay Peak Trail. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Cereus Bar, Lion Fish Restaurant, and Border Psycho Cantina.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the San Ysidro area?
✅Multiple locations near San Ysidro✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near San Ysidro with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to San Ysidro really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy San Ysidro and San Diego without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in San Diego!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in San Diego!View City
Store Your Luggage in San Ysidro with Bounce
California is a state that doesn’t exactly have a shortage of great places to visit. Major cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco, along with natural wonders like Yosemite National Park, tend to steal all the limelight. But there are many different sides to this huge state, and San Ysidro gives travelers the chance to see another facet of Californian life.
Located close to the US-Mexico border, San Ysidro is named after the patron saint of farmers, a nod to its agricultural heritage. However, these days, San Ysidro is more or less a suburb of the much larger San Diego. Still, this border town has managed to retain its own personality, and can often feel more like a Mexican city than it does the United States.
If you find yourself in San Ysidro, make sure you’re traveling light. Drop off your luggage at a Bounce luggage storage to make your trip easier.
Luggage storage in San Ysidro
No matter where you travel, you’ll have an easier time if you’re not carrying more than you need. Early hotel checkouts and inconvenient flight times happen to all of us sooner or later, and you don’t want to be stuck with your bags any more than is absolutely necessary. That’s where Bounce comes in. By partnering with local businesses in San Ysidro and in hundreds of cities around the world, Bounce makes luggage storage more convenient and accessible than ever. Drop off your bags and start exploring, knowing your belongings will be safely looked after until you return.
San Ysidro City Guide
Things to do
San Ysidro’s status as the busiest border crossing in the US means that many visitors to the town are simply passing through on their way elsewhere. That’s a shame, because if you look a little deeper, you’ll find the town has a few attractions that are worth exploring. Mexican culture predominates here, and visiting the town can feel like a visit to a foreign country, with no border crossing required.
San Ysidro itself isn’t exactly packed full of museums. But its proximity to the US city of San Diego and the Mexican metropolis of Tijuana means you won’t need to go far to experience the culture of the area, no matter which side of the border you’re on. Drop off your bags at a Bounce luggage storage and explore some of these unique local attractions.
- Wax Museum Tijuana: Located in downtown Tijuana, this intriguing museum lets you come face-to-face with some of history’s most fascinating characters. The museum contains multiple galleries devoted to pre-Hispanic Mexico, the missionary era, and the history of Tijuana. However, you’ll also find stars like Michael Jackson represented in this quirky museum, making it a great place for unusual photo ops.
- San Diego African American Museum of Fine Art: Located in the south of San Diego not far from San Ysidro, this unusual museum is devoted to sculpture, painting, and other arts by African American artists. Explore the cultural highlights of this vibrant community, and chances are good you’ll leave with some new favorite artists to get into.
- San Diego Museum of Art: This grand museum looks more like a cathedral than an art gallery, but the real treasures are inside. The San Diego Museum of Art has a special focus on Hispanic art, but also contains works by major European artists like Canaletto and Rubens.
As a border town, San Ysidro isn’t short of places to shop. Whether you’re looking for designer clothes, duty-free items, or souvenirs, you’ll find them all in close proximity to the border. Just make sure you have space in your bags for everything you pick up, and be ready to declare anything required if you’re crossing the border.
- Las Americas Premium Outlets: This is the place to come if you’re hunting for the latest fashions. Located right on the border, this massive outlet mall features familiar brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Adidas, and more, and is a great place to pick up a bargain.
- Plaza Palmera: Another of San Ysidro’s many outlet malls, Plaza Palmera offers stores like H&M, Armani Exchange, and Foot Locker. It also has a handful of restaurants that skew toward fast food, but at least offer a place to refresh yourself while you hunt for bargains. If you didn’t find what you’re looking for at Las Americas, chances are good you’ll find it here instead.
- San Ysidro Village: This shopping mall offers a more upscale experience in San Ysidro’s Upper Village. The boutique stores are a great place to shop for unique items if your budget allows, and a good spot for window shopping if it doesn’t. Plus, you’ll find some inviting restaurants and bars in the area where you can kill a couple of hours.
Because most visitors to San Ysidro tend to be passing through, you’ll find an abundance of fast food and drive-through outlets in the city. However, if you’re after something more substantial, you don’t have to look far to find some good restaurants. As you’d expect this close to the Mexican border, Mexican food is ubiquitous, but is not the only thing you’ll find on San Ysidro menus.
- El Achiote: Located in Las Americas Premium Outlets, this colorful Mexican restaurant is a great place to eat. Along with classic Mexican favorites like tacos, burritos, and chimichangas, you’ll find a surprisingly extensive breakfast menu. Even if you’re not shopping the outlets, this restaurant alone is worth the trip here.
- Ying Li: If you’re not in the mood for Mexican food, visit this authentic Chinese restaurant decorated with red lanterns. Sizzling hot pots and grilled shrimp keep locals coming back to this popular spot, and you’ll be surprised just how good Chinese food can be on the Mexican border.
- Baja Fish Mart: The Pacific Ocean is not far away, and you’ll be reminded of that fact at this delicious Mexican seafood joint. Fish tacos and shrimp burritos will satisfy your seafood cravings while providing a Hispanic twist in keeping with the atmosphere of the town. Enjoy the local produce and the bold flavors of Mexican cuisine in a single meal at this popular restaurant.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near San Ysidro
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near San Ysidro?
The price for luggage storage near San Ysidro is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near San Ysidro?
There are multiple locations in the San Ysidro area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Tijuana International Airport (TIJ) (Aeropuerto Internacional de Tijuana), Firefly Car Rental, and Southwest Airlines and all over San Diego.
Is it safe to store your bags near San Ysidro?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near San Ysidro.
Are there storage lockers near San Ysidro?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the San Ysidro area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby San Ysidro and in the broader San Diego area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near San Ysidro?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near San Ysidro are Grand Hotel Tijuana, Real Inn Tijuana, and Hotel Pueblo Amigo. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near San Ysidro are Lifestyle Hostel, Hostal Pangea Tijuana, and Albergues y Hospedajes de Tijuana.
Where are the best restaurants near San Ysidro?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near San Ysidro are Tacos el Franc, Paseo Chapultepec, and Jack In The Box.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near San Ysidro?
Check out the nearby Montgomery-Waller Park, Parque Teniente Guerrero, and Veterans Park.