Luggage Storage Bairro Alto, Lisbon
Instantly reserve the best locations near Bairro Alto, Lisbon to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Bairro Alto, Lisbon Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 25, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Bairro Alto, Lisbon?" Perhaps you just arrived in Lisbon and need a place to store your bags near Bairro Alto, Lisbon before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Ralph Lauren, Centro Comercial Alegro Setúbal, or Fórum Montijo and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Praia da Costa da Caparica, Praia de Carcavelos, or Baía de Cascais .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Bairro Alto, Lisbon!
Luggage storage nearby Bairro Alto, Lisbon with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Lisbon with multiple locations near Bairro Alto, Lisbon.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Bairro Alto, Lisbon area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Bairro Alto, Lisbon area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Cabo da Roca, Miradouro de São Pedro de Alcântara, and Miradouro de Santa Luzia. You can also go for a hike around Paredão de Cascais, Passeio Marítimo de Belém, and Parque Linear Ribeirinho do Estuario do Tejo. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out LX Factory, Ribeira das Naus - Quiosque, and Heineken Grand Café.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Bairro Alto, Lisbon area?
✅Multiple locations near Bairro Alto, Lisbon✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Bairro Alto, Lisbon with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Bairro Alto, Lisbon really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Bairro Alto, Lisbon and Lisbon without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Lisbon!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Lisbon!View City
European capitals tend toward the ancient, and the Portuguese capital of Lisbon is no different. Nowhere is that more obvious than in the Bairro Alto neighborhood. Explore this popular neighborhood more easily by dropping off your heavy bags. Bounce partners with local businesses in Lisbon and around the world to ensure you always have a place to store your belongings. No matter how big your bags are or how long you need them looked after for, Bounce can help you find a suitable place to leave your stuff behind.
About Bairro Alto
Centrally located in the heart of Lisbon, the Bairro Alto, or Upper Neighborhood, was the result of the city’s expansion in the sixteenth century. Designed as a kind of early suburb, the Bairro Alto escaped much of the destruction caused by the 1755 earthquake that destroyed most of old Lisbon.
The neighborhood was once the home of Lisbon’s upper crust. But in the course of the twentieth century, the neighborhood slowly changed to a younger demographic. With automobiles severely restricted from the neighborhood, it has become one of the main nightlife and entertainment districts of the city. Thanks to the presence of many trendy bars and restaurants, is the place where Lisbon’s young and beautiful come to let down their hair and have a good time. And it also attracts thousands of foreign visitors looking for a taste of the Portuguese lifestyle.
To this day, the Bairro Alto remains a lively and vibrant neighborhood. If you’re looking to have some fun in Lisbon when the sun goes down, chances are good you’ll end up here. Make the trip easier on yourself by leaving anything you don’t need behind at a Bounce luggage storage locker so you can really enjoy your trip.
Things to do near Bairro Alto
Although it was originally conceived as a suburb outside the ancient city walls, the Bairro Alto remains close to many of Lisbon’s more popular attractions. Plus, the lively neighborhood with its quirky stores and cool hangouts is an attraction all by itself. With so much to see and do in the area, you’ll never be bored here.
- See some of Lisbon’s top street art at the Workshop of Graffiti. This open-air gallery showcases some of the best graffiti by both known and unknown artists in the city. It’s the perfect complement to the Bairro’s quirky charm.
- Enjoy stunning views of Lisbon at the Jardim de Sao Pedro de Alcantara. The name might be a mouthful, but the views from this hilltop garden will leave you speechless. It’s also a great place to take a break from the hectic pace of the city.
- Lisbon isn’t short of museums, and you can see one of the quirkier ones the city has to offer at the Museu de Farmacia. This unusual attraction tells the story of medical technology from ancient Egypt up to the present day and includes a portable pharmacy taken from a space shuttle.
- Check out the stunning ruins of the Carmo Convent. This ancient building was partially destroyed in 1755 earthquake. Now, it hosts light shows at night that make the most of the spectacular setting.
- Take in a show at the National Theater of Sao Carlos. This 18th-century opera house hosts both classic and modern performances, and whatever show you get tickets to you, can rest assured that it will be absolutely top-notch.
Transit options near Bairro Alto
- Bus 22 B serves the neighborhood, with two stops along R. da Rosa. Bus 202 also stops on the edge of the Bairro.
- Streetcar line 24E runs along the eastern edge of the Bairro.
- A funicular Railway, 51E, connects the neighborhood with the lower part of Lisbon.
Luggage storage near Bairro Alto
One of the best things to do in this lively neighborhood is just take in the atmosphere. It’s not a big place, and traveling on foot gives you the freedom to duck into any bars, restaurants, stores, or anything else that appeals to you. Thanks to the lack of motorized traffic in the area, the Bairro Alto is a pedestrian’s dream.
Of course, you’ll have a much better time on foot if you don’t carry more than you need to. That’s where Bounce comes in. With locations throughout Lisbon, Bounce makes sure you always have a safe and convenient place to store your luggage. The lighter you travel, the more fun you’ll have exploring the Bairro Alto, and your belongings will be looked after safely, ready for you to pick up at your convenience.
Activities and attractions near Bairro Alto
- Listed as a World Heritage site, the late Gothic Jeronimos Monastery is a must-see on any Lisbon itinerary. This gorgeous building dates back to the sixteenth century and is a stunning icon of the city’s past. Escaping the 1755 earthquake relatively unscathed, the monastery is one of the few remaining links to how the city looked before that defining tragedy.
- Get some retail therapy at the Praca de Comercio. This huge square faces the harbor and is lined with an impressive colonnade that was built in the eighteenth century following the earthquake. Now, it’s the perfect place to shop, dine, and people watch, or simply enjoy the lively vibe of the city in beautiful surroundings. Enjoy the sun, the street performers, and the lively atmosphere of one of Lisbon’s many grand public squares.
- Take a journey under the sea at the Lisbon Oceanarium. This state-of-the-art aquarium is the largest in Europe, and is located in the harbor district of the city which is itself well worth exploring. Kids will love the scary sharks and the adorable sea otters, and they’ll have so much fun they won’t realize they’re also learning about the natural world.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Bairro Alto, Lisbon
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Bairro Alto, Lisbon?
The price for luggage storage near Bairro Alto, Lisbon is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Bairro Alto, Lisbon?
There are multiple locations in the Bairro Alto, Lisbon area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Sintra Train Station (Estação Ferroviária de Sintra), Estação Ferroviária de Queluz-Belas, and Terminal 1 and all over Lisbon.
Is it safe to store your bags near Bairro Alto, Lisbon?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Bairro Alto, Lisbon.
Are there storage lockers near Bairro Alto, Lisbon?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Bairro Alto, Lisbon area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Bairro Alto, Lisbon and in the broader Lisbon area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Bairro Alto, Lisbon?
Popular metro stations like Metro Odivelas, Metro Aeroporto (Metro Aeroporto [VM]), or Campo Grande - Metro can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Lisbon near Bairro Alto, Lisbon, you may be close to some bus stations: Terminal Rodoviário de Sete Rios, Terminal Rodoviário da Gare do Oriente, or Terminal TST - Gare do Oriente. If traveling by train, Cais do Sodré Train Station (Estação Ferroviária do Cais do Sodré), Estação Ferroviária da Amadora, and Entrecampos Train Station (Estação Ferroviária de Entrecampos) are nearest to Bairro Alto, Lisbon.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Bairro Alto, Lisbon?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Bairro Alto, Lisbon are Hotel Mundial, Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisboa, and Pestana Palace Hotel & National Monument. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Bairro Alto, Lisbon are Home Lisbon Hostel, Fonte Luminosa, and Sunset Destination Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Bairro Alto, Lisbon?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Bairro Alto, Lisbon are Dom Pastel, Pastéis de Belém, and o Mercado.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Bairro Alto, Lisbon?
Check out the nearby Parque Eduardo VII, Jardim do Campo Grande, and Parque da Fonte Luminosa.