How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Lisbon Airport (LIS) Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 4, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Lisbon Airport (LIS)?" Perhaps you just arrived in Lisbon and need a place to store your bags near Lisbon Airport (LIS) before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Ralph Lauren, Centro Comercial Alegro Setúbal, or Fórum Montijo and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Cristo Rei, Praia da Costa da Caparica, or Praia de Carcavelos .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Lisbon Airport (LIS)!
Luggage storage nearby Lisbon Airport (LIS) with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Lisbon with multiple locations near Lisbon Airport (LIS).
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Lisbon Airport (LIS) area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Lisbon Airport (LIS) area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Cabo da Roca, Dom Pastel, and Miradouro de São Pedro de Alcântara. You can also go for a hike around Paredão de Cascais, Passeio Marítimo de Belém, and Parque Linear Ribeirinho do Estuario do Tejo. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out LX Factory, Ribeira das Naus - Quiosque, and Heineken Grand Café.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Lisbon Airport (LIS) area?
✅Multiple locations near Lisbon Airport (LIS)✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Lisbon Airport (LIS) with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Lisbon Airport (LIS) really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Lisbon Airport (LIS) and Lisbon without your things!
About Lisbon Airport
It can be confusing when airports have more than one name. The Lisbon Airport is the unofficial name of the Humberto Delgado Airport but is also known as the Portela Airport. This international airport is located just over four miles from the center of Lisbon. It is ranked as one of the largest airports in Europe, with over 31 million passengers passing through its gates.
Passengers can spend their entire layover at the Lisbon Airport shopping through shops that range from high-end luxuries to cheesy souvenir stands. Enjoy traditional Portuguese dishes at a restaurant inside the airport or grab a quick bite at a more recognizable fast-food spot. You do not have to spend your entire layover at the airport, head out into Lisbon and see some of the more well-known sights or mingle with the locals.
Fun Fact: The Lisbon Airport is one of the main European gateways across Africa and to Brazil. It is also the gateway to the Portuguese islands of Azores and Madeira, located in the Atlantic.
Things to do near Lisbon Airport
Spend some time exploring the nooks and crannies of Lisbon Airport. Take a few minutes to freshen up and grab a coffee or a meal before deciding what to do to occupy your time. While Lisbon Airport can be considered a small city all by itself, those on long layovers may want to get out of the airport and explore the thriving metropolis of Lisbon. There are places to go and things to marvel at while you are here.
With so many different things to see and experience, Bounce has come up with a list of things to get you out and about in Lisbon. Start inside the airport and then head into the town center and enjoy the pulse of the city.
- Take a stroll through Alfama, one of the oldest areas in Lisbon, and enjoy a cup of specialty coffee from one of the cafes or coffee shops along the way.
- Visit the Mosteriro dos Jerónimos or the Jerónimos Monastery that was once home to the Order of Saint Jerome.
- Head over to Praca do Comércio. This historic square was once the site of the Pacos da Ribeira, which was destroyed in the 1755 earthquake.
- Grab a bite to eat at one of the cafes or restaurants located near Lisbon Airport. Grab dessert at the Confeiraria Nacional, the oldest bakery in Lisbon.
- Relax in one of the lounges located inside the airport and enjoy unlimited food and drink plus free Wi-Fi.
- Shop for souvenirs or necessities at Libson Airport. There are over 36 different shops located inside the airport.
- Head over to the Torre de Belém, or the Tower of Saint Vincent, built during the 16th century for fantastic social media-worthy photos.
Transit Options in Lisbon Airport
- Metro - Aeroporto Saldanha
- Bus - Aerobus for large luggage holders
- Train - Garo do Oriente
Luggage storage near Lisbon Airport
You will want to head out and experience Lisbon by walking through the streets and visiting with locals. Pulling your luggage along with you will put a target on your back as a definite tourist and cause you frustration when trying to enter some of the sites around town. Many places do not allow large bags inside, so you are left holding the bag with no place to turn.
Bounce has your back and has partnered with several local businesses in Lisbon for short-term luggage storage. Find a Bounce Location nearby and drop your bags before heading through the streets, visiting the different tourist attractions.
Attractions and activities Near Lisbon Airport
- Oceanário de Lisboa: Take an afternoon and explore one of the biggest indoor aquariums in Europe. Located at the Parque das Nacões, you can wander through the aquarium then stroll through the exhibition grounds. Leave your luggage with Bounce, so you do not have to drag your bags with you.
- Mercado de Santa Clara: This large flea market is an absolute must-see. Stroll through an eclectic assortment of vendors hawking their wares ranging from fresh produce to household items to antiques. With the large crowds that gather, don't bring your bulky bags with you, instead leave them with Bounce so you can easily move through the market.
- Sintra: Spend a day exploring this resort town located in the foothills of the Sintra Mountains and take a tour of the Sintra National Palace. Find a Bounce location to stow your bags before heading off to explore Sintra.
- Estrela at Lisbon – Tram 28: Hop on Tram 28 and enjoy a scenic tour of the city center. The tram is as legendary as the trolley in San Francisco and is an absolute must-experience. Seating is tight, so leave your bags with Bounce before racing to catch the tram.
- Castelo de São Jorge: Built over 2,000 years ago, St. George’s Castle is the most visible historic landmark in Lisbon. Sign up for a tour and marvel at the beauty that unfolds before you. Bring your camera, but leave your bags with Bounce.
- Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga: Check out the National Museum of Ancient Art while visiting Lisbon. Housing one of the most prestigious national collections of artwork dating back to the 16th century, the museum is a national treasure. Large bags are not allowed in the museum, so drop your bags with Bounce.
- Caxias: Spend a sunny afternoon at the beach surfing or sunbathing. Bring your sunscreen, swimsuit, and beach towel and stake out your spot on this sandy beach. Luggage will weigh you down, so find a Bounce location to store your bags while you soak up some rays.
- Amoreiras Shopping Center: Spend a few hours shopping at this high-end shopping mall. Catch a movie at the cinema or grab a snack at the food court. Before leaving the mall, head to the rooftop for panoramic views of the city. Find a Bounce location to store your bags before heading to the mall.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Lisbon Airport (LIS)
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Lisbon Airport (LIS)?
The price for luggage storage near Lisbon Airport (LIS) is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Lisbon Airport (LIS)?
There are multiple locations in the Lisbon Airport (LIS) area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Sintra Train Station (Estação Ferroviária de Sintra), Estação Ferroviária de Queluz-Belas, and Terminal 1 and all over Lisbon.
Is it safe to store your bags near Lisbon Airport (LIS)?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Lisbon Airport (LIS).
Are there storage lockers near Lisbon Airport (LIS)?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Lisbon Airport (LIS) area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Lisbon Airport (LIS) and in the broader Lisbon area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Lisbon Airport (LIS)?
Popular metro stations like Metro Odivelas, Metro Aeroporto (Metro Aeroporto [VM]), or Campo Grande - Metro can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Lisbon near Lisbon Airport (LIS), you may be close to some bus stations: Terminal Rodoviário de Sete Rios, Terminal Rodoviário da Gare do Oriente, or Terminal TST - Gare do Oriente. If traveling by train, Cais do Sodré Train Station (Estação Ferroviária do Cais do Sodré), Estação Ferroviária da Amadora, and Entrecampos Train Station (Estação Ferroviária de Entrecampos) are nearest to Lisbon Airport (LIS).
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Lisbon Airport (LIS)?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Lisbon Airport (LIS) are Hotel Mundial, Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisboa, and Pestana Palace Hotel & National Monument. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Lisbon Airport (LIS) are Home Lisbon Hostel, Fonte Luminosa, and Sunset Destination Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Lisbon Airport (LIS)?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Lisbon Airport (LIS) are o Mercado, Croissants Premium, and First Class Café.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Lisbon Airport (LIS)?
Check out the nearby Parque da Cidade, parque Infantil do Parque da Cidade, and Parque Urbano de Via Rara.