How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Baixa Chiado Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 9, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Baixa Chiado?" Perhaps you just arrived in Lisbon and need a place to store your bags near Baixa Chiado before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Ralph Lauren, Centro Comercial Alegro Setúbal, or Fórum Montijo and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Praia da Costa da Caparica, Praia de Carcavelos, or Baía de Cascais .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Baixa Chiado!
Luggage storage nearby Baixa Chiado with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Lisbon with multiple locations near Baixa Chiado.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Baixa Chiado area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Baixa Chiado area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Cabo da Roca, Miradouro de São Pedro de Alcântara, and Miradouro de Santa Luzia. You can also go for a hike around Paredão de Cascais, Passeio Marítimo de Belém, and Parque Linear Ribeirinho do Estuario do Tejo. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out LX Factory, Ribeira das Naus - Quiosque, and Heineken Grand Café.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Baixa Chiado area?
✅Multiple locations near Baixa Chiado✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Baixa Chiado with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Baixa Chiado really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Baixa Chiado and Lisbon without your things!
Portugal’s capital Lisbon is one of Europe’s most popular tourist destinations, and it’s not hard to see why. Combining vibrant cultural life with a beautiful ocean setting, Lisbon has something to offer everyone. And the city’s Baixa Chiado Metro station is close to everything that makes Lisbon worth visiting.
Bounce offers luggage storage in Lisbon and in over 300 cities around the world. By partnering with local businesses, Bounce makes sure you always have a place to store your bags. Drop off your belongings and enjoy everything Baixa Chiado has to offer.
About Baixa Chiado
Baixa Chiado is a crucial part of Lisbon’s subway network. It gets its name from the fact that it’s between two important districts of the city, Baixa and Chiado. Baixa is Lisbon’s downtown area, the historic heart of the city, and home to many of its most important historic sites and cultural institutions. Neighboring Chiado is similarly blessed with charming historical landmarks and attractions, but is also a great place for luxury shopping and nightlife. As a result, these two neighborhoods attract many of Lisbon’s millions of visitors.
The Baixa Chiado Metro station is an important interchange where the Blue and Green lines of the subway connect. Therefore, it gets millions of local visitors as well as tourists every year. First opened in 1998, the station is almost unavoidable if you want to visit the heart of Lisbon. Sooner or later, almost everyone ends up here.
Things to do near Baixa Chiado
Because of its central location, Baixa Chiado is close to many of Lisbon’s top attractions. Almost from the moment you step out of the doors of the subway station, you’ll be in the heart of what this ancient city has to offer. Drop off your bags at a Bounce luggage storage and see some of these attractions for yourself.
- Step back in time at Convento do Carmo. An icon of the city, this medieval convent was ruined in the earthquake of 1755. Now, it’s an atmospheric place to wander and get some great pictures.
- Enjoy the view from the Elevador de Santa Justa. Hilly Lisbon once had several outdoor elevators, but this is the last one of its type. Connecting two neighborhoods of the city, it’s also a great place to enjoy the view.
- Catch a show at the National Theater of Sao Carlos. This 18th-century opera house presents both modern and classical works, and it’s worth visiting just for the opulent surroundings. Enjoy an evening’s entertainment the way Portuguese royalty use to at this ornate opera house.
- Take in the atmosphere in Luis de Camoes Square. This public square is named after a renowned Portuguese poet whose statue stands in its center. Is the perfect place to just hang out, enjoy a drink or a meal, and do some people-watching in this lively city.
- See the spiritual heart of the city at Lisbon Cathedral. Reportedly the oldest building in Lisbon, this grand church has survived multiple earthquakes, leading to it being rebuilt in several different architectural styles. It’s also a great place to take a break from the sometimes hectic pace of the city and enjoy the tranquility of the ancient church.
Transit options in Baixa Chiado
- As one of the major interchange stations of the city, Baixa Chiado is served by both Green and Blue lines of the Lisbon Metro.
- The station is also served by some of the city’s bus routes, including 28E, 202, 711, and 736.
- Cais do Sodre, Lisbon’s main train station, is only one stop away on the Green Line. This train station connects passengers with intercity and international trains and also with ferries.
Luggage storage near Baixa Chiado
Baixa Chiado’s central location is its greatest strength. The station is central to almost everything Lisbon has to offer, making it the perfect place to begin exploring the city. However, that also means it’s very busy. Especially when you consider that this is an important interchange between two subway lines.
Baixa Chiado isn’t a place where you want to be carrying heavy bags. That’s where Bounce comes in. By providing luggage storage near Baixa Chiado station, Bounce allows you to explore the heart of Lisbon more easily.
Activities and attractions near Baixa Chiado
- Take a voyage into the sea at Oceanario de Lisboa. This state-of-the-art aquarium rises out of the water of the Tagus Estuary and is the largest indoor aquarium in Europe. Check out scary sharks and fascinating tropical fish, then enjoy the cuddly penguins and adorable sea otters. In fact, this is the only place in Europe where you can see these animals. Plus, if all that water has got you in the mood, there’s a boating lake outside the aquarium where you can rent a pedal boat.
- Admire the cultural treasures of Asia at the Museu do Oriente. Portugal’s overseas empire once spanned the globe from South America to Macua, and Portuguese explorers were some of the first Europeans to make prolonged contact with the cultures of Asia. This fascinating museum explains the story of exploration and displays incredible artifacts from the other side of the world.
- Hit the beach at Caxias to enjoy the stunning Portuguese coast. The waters of the Atlantic Ocean may be called, but they provide a great way to beat the heat of a Portuguese summer. The beach is also a great place to surf, and you can take a class and learn a new skill on your holiday. If you’d rather take it easy, there’s also an impressive stretch of golden sand where you can spread out and relax, and plenty of bars and restaurants along the boardwalk where you can refresh yourself after a fun-filled day.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Baixa Chiado
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Baixa Chiado?
The price for luggage storage near Baixa Chiado is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Baixa Chiado?
There are multiple locations in the Baixa Chiado area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Sintra Train Station (Estação Ferroviária de Sintra), Estação Ferroviária de Queluz-Belas, and Terminal 1 and all over Lisbon.
Is it safe to store your bags near Baixa Chiado?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Baixa Chiado.
Are there storage lockers near Baixa Chiado?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Baixa Chiado area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Baixa Chiado and in the broader Lisbon area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Baixa Chiado?
Popular metro stations like Metro Odivelas, Metro Aeroporto (Metro Aeroporto [VM]), or Campo Grande - Metro can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Lisbon near Baixa Chiado, you may be close to some bus stations: Terminal Rodoviário de Sete Rios, Terminal Rodoviário da Gare do Oriente, or Terminal TST - Gare do Oriente. If traveling by train, Cais do Sodré Train Station (Estação Ferroviária do Cais do Sodré), Estação Ferroviária da Amadora, and Entrecampos Train Station (Estação Ferroviária de Entrecampos) are nearest to Baixa Chiado.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Baixa Chiado?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Baixa Chiado are Hotel Mundial, Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisboa, and Pestana Palace Hotel & National Monument. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Baixa Chiado are Home Lisbon Hostel, Fonte Luminosa, and Sunset Destination Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Baixa Chiado?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Baixa Chiado are Dom Pastel, Pastéis de Belém, and o Mercado.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Baixa Chiado?
Check out the nearby Parque Eduardo VII, Jardim do Campo Grande, and Parque da Fonte Luminosa.