Luggage Storage Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)
Instantly reserve the best locations near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) to store your luggage for just $5.90/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 25, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)?" Perhaps you just arrived in Chicago and need a place to store your bags near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Yorktown Center, Lincolnwood Town Center, or Finley Square and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Ned Brown Forest Preserve, Grant Park, or Bloomingdale Trail — The 606 .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)!
Luggage storage nearby Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Chicago with multiple locations near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW).
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are The Morton Arboretum, Starbucks, and Panera Bread. You can also go for a hike around Ping Tom Memorial Park, Orland Grasslands, and Swallow Cliff Woods. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Harry Caray’s Shortstop, Windy City Taproom, and Los Globos.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) area?
✅Multiple locations near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) and Chicago without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Chicago!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Chicago!View City
About Chicago Midway Airport
With over 2.7 million people living in Chicago, you know it has to be a great place. The Chicago Midway Airport is in the southern section of the city and has been there since 1927. It started out as just a small 320-acre spot with one small runway made of cinder mostly used for airmail flights. Today, the airport is so large, it is like a city within a city. In fact, it is the second-largest airport in the Chicago area and serves over 22 million people per year.
Whether you are heading out of town, coming into town, or just passing through, there is a ton of things to do at the airport. If you are hungry, head to the Concourse A Food Hall, where you can find a plethora of different eateries from fine dining to fast food. If you want to buy some souvenirs, gifts, or other items, the Central Market is the place to be, which is in between Concourse A and B. Stressed out? Concourse C has a yoga room, mother’s room, and chapel. No matter what you are looking for, you can find it somewhere in Chicago Midway Airport.
Things to do in Chicago Midway Airport
You may not expect an airport to be a fun place to visit, but many locals come to the Chicago Midway Airport just to hang out. Some of the restaurants and bars are favorites of the locals, and there are other fun things to do here as well. Don’t miss the local artist's section or the 45,000 square feet of concessions in the airport. There is even a memorial/museum to the Battle of Midway to explore. Here are some of Bounce’s favorites:
- Watch the airplanes. This may seem like a boring activity, but watching planes take off and land can be very exciting. And it’s free!
- Airport Art is a big thing here at Chicago Midway. Chicago’s public art program boasts some of the best local art and sculptures from spots all over the city you can find around the airport.
- If you need a place to relax or recharge, head for the Yoga Room in Concourse C by the Mother’s Room. With a bamboo floor, exercise mats, and frosted glass windows, this room is the perfect place to do some deep breathing or just close your eyes for a bit.
- As mentioned above, the Mother’s Room is on Concourse C right next to the Yoga Room. Those who are nursing their babies are welcome to relax here and feed their young ones in a more private area.
- Learn about the Battle of Midway at the airport’s memorial of the World War II battle that took place just after Pearl Harbor. Located in Concourse A, you can see a multi-media display where you can find out little known facts about the battle.
- Take a walk down the small hallway past the Battle of Midway to see a grouping of “In Case You Missed It” photos. See many of the Chicago landmarks that you may have missed during this trip.
- If you or a member of your family is in the military, stop at the USO in Concourse C, just past security. You’ll enjoy free food and drinks, Wi-Fi, movies and local television, and free reading materials.
- For those who need a few minutes of silent prayer or contemplation, the chapel is located on Concourse C above the triangle food court. Rosaries, rugs, and prayer books are available as well.
- Enjoy Chicago cuisine at one of the 38 eateries in the airport. Choose from eight full-service restaurants and 30 counter service and kiosks all over the airport. While most of the eateries are at the Concourse A Food Hall, there are kiosks and counters just about everywhere.
Transit Options in Chicago Midway Airport
- Metro Rapid Transit Orange Line Railway
- CTA Bus Routes 47, 54B, 55, 55A, 55N, 62N, 62H, 63, and 63W
- PACE Bus Routes 379, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, and 390
Luggage Storage Near Chicago Midway Airport
Nobody likes lugging their luggage all over the place. Especially when touring town before heading to your hotel or when in between business meetings. Bounce has partners all around Chicago where you can leave your belongings without having to worry. They are insured and bonded, so your stuff will be safe while you enjoy your visit to The Windy City.
Luggage Storage Options Near Chicago Midway Airport
Chicago is one of the most populated places in the country and has thousands of places to shop, eat, and play. From markets to museums and boutiques to bookstores, there is a wide variety of areas to see while you are in town. Whether you are just here for a few hours or all day, you won’t have any trouble finding something to get into.
- Skydeck Chicago: The Skydeck at Willis Tower on South Wacker Drive is about 10 miles from Chicago Midway. See the city from over 1,300 feet in the air. Also called the ledge, this amazing tourist attraction has clear boxes so you can stand above Chicago 1,353 feet up. As long as you are not afraid of heights, this may be the best experience you have ever had. Drop off your bags with a Bounce partner before you go so you don’t have to lug it around with you.
- Art Institute of Chicago: On Michigan Avenue, just 11 miles from the airport, this place is an art-lover’s paradise. You’ll see paintings from Pablo Picasso, Vincent van Gogh, and Claude Monet along with sculptures from Salvador Dali, Tiffany Studios, and the Tang Dynasty. Be sure to stop by one of the Bounce spots in the city to leave your belongings in a safe place first.
- Cloud Gate: Almost 12 miles from the airport, the Cloud Gate is so popular it has been seen in many movies and television shows. Located on East Randolph Street, you really need to get some selfies in front of this sculpture that looks like a giant mirrored bean. Drop off your bags with Bounce before you go exploring, so you can explore without worrying about them.
- Grant Park: Further down East Randolph Street about a mile, Grant Park is known for its memorials, flower gardens, and a lake where you can skate during the winter. They even have free concerts in the summer and a fountain with 133 water jets. You can leave your luggage with a bounce partner nearby, so you can enjoy the fun more carefree.
- Navy Pier: About 13 miles from the airport on East Grand Avenue, you can find Navy Pier, which has also been seen in movies. Most well-known for its 15-story Ferris wheel, the pier also has other rides and games like a carousel, light tower thrill ride, climbing walls, and the Wave Swinger. They also offer cruises, eating and drinking establishments, shopping, and much more. You will need to drop your luggage off at a Bounce spot, so you can enjoy all this fun.
- The Escape Game Chicago: If you love mystery and puzzles, head to the Escape Game Chicago where you and a group of others will have an hour to escape from a locked room. Drop off your bags with one of Bounce’s partners in the area and get to East Ontario Street just over 12 miles from Chicago Midway Airport.
- Shedd Aquarium: Eleven miles from the airport on South Lakeshore Drive, Shedd Aquarium is a fantastic place to spend a few hours enjoying aquatic creatures big and small. From Beluga whales to polar bears and even a giant octopus, you can see hundreds of different species. Meet a penguin or feed a shark while you are there. However, you’ll need to leave your baggage at a Bounce spot in Chicago first.
- Chicago Riverwalk: Be sure to leave your luggage with a Bounce partner in the city before heading out onto the Chicago Riverwalk. As the name states, this is a popular walk along the Chicago River where you can find restaurants, games, shops, museums, and more. Only 11 miles from the airport, you can get there in a few minutes.
- Mariano Park: If you want to see some more nature, drop off your bags with Bounce and get over to Mariano Park, which is about 13 miles from Chicago Midway Airport on North State Street. Enjoy the fountain and pavilion in the tree-filled park right near Lake Michigan. There are plenty of places to sit and eat or drink something from the concessionaires in the park while you do some people-watching.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)?
The price for luggage storage near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)?
There are multiple locations in the Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Metra, Terminal 1, and Concourse B and all over Chicago.
Is it safe to store your bags near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW).
Are there storage lockers near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) and in the broader Chicago area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best restaurants near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) are Portillo's Hot Dogs, McDonald's, and Nick's Gyros.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)?
Check out the nearby Ehlert Park, Pasteur Park, and Park District of La Grange.