How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Downtown Miami Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 8, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Downtown Miami?" Perhaps you just arrived in Miami and need a place to store your bags near Downtown Miami before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Bal Harbour Shops, Mall of the Americas, or The Shops at Pembroke Gardens and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Haulover Beach, North Shore Open Space Park, or Bayside Marina Stage .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Downtown Miami!
Luggage storage nearby Downtown Miami with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Miami with multiple locations near Downtown Miami.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Downtown Miami area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Downtown Miami area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, The Bal Harbour Pier, and Starbucks. You can also go for a hike around Tropical Park, South End, and North Shore Beachwalk. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out The Palace Bar, Islander Bar & Grill, and Treehouse Miami.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Downtown Miami area?
✅Multiple locations near Downtown Miami✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Downtown Miami with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Downtown Miami really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Downtown Miami and Miami without your things!
About Downtown Miami
Located just across the bridge from the popular South Beach neighborhood, Downtown Miami is packed with events centers, museums, parks, shopping plazas, and more. It may be home to the city’s financial district, but there is more to downtown Miami than highrise office buildings.
Whether you’re a Miami native or a visitor, there are plenty of compelling attractions in this neighborhood. You can dine along the water at Bayside Market, catch a Miami Heat game at American Airlines Arena on the shorefront, or visit one of the city's renowned museums. Whatever makes its way onto your Miami itinerary, remember that Bounce is standing by to care for your extra luggage. Stash your excess bags with Bounce so you can make the most of your visit to this vibrant city.
Fun Fact: Miami was founded by Julia Tuttle and is the only city in the United States that was founded by a woman.
Things to Do in Downtown Miami
Downtown Miami is packed with fun activities that appeal to both tourists and locals. From event spaces like The Wharf or American Airlines Arena to cultural centers like HistoryMiami, or shopping plazas, there is a lot to see and do. The following are a few suggestions to help you make the most of your time in Downtown Miami.
- Learn about the history of Miami within the HistoryMiami cultural center, which highlights thousands of years of regional history
- Visit the Miami Circle, an archaeological site where remnants of the civilization of the Tequesta indigenous group were found
- Watch a Miami Heat game at American Airlines Arena on the downtown Miami waterfront
- Enjoy a sunset meal or cocktails from a restaurant within the Bayside Marketplace
- Take in the fascinating and diverse collections of contemporary art within the Perez Art Museum
- Take an exciting sightseeing tour of Miami on a speedboat and cruise along the shores of South Beach, beautiful Miami mansions, yachts, and more
- Enjoy a night out at The Wharf, a lively riverside event space featuring a rotation of food vendors and bars
- Take a stroll through Bicentennial Park and admire the views over Biscayne Bay
- Catch a live performance at the Olympia Theatre, a stunning building which first opened in 1926
- Mingle with wild manatees and dolphins on a kayaking tour with Manatee Photo Safaris
Transit Options in Downtown Miami
- Miami Trolley
Luggage Storage in Downtown Miami
Miami is a vibrant, busy city with tons of awesome things to do. From cultural sites and museums to outdoor adventures, nightlife, and beyond, there will never be a dull moment. But carting bags around while you try to soak up all Miami has to offer is sure to be a drag. Stash your non-essential items with Bounce partners throughout the city so you can focus on making the most of your trip.
Luggage Storage Options in Downtown Miami
- HistoryMiami: This cultural center is dedicated to the history of Miami and Florida and covers events from ancient times through to modern-day. You’ll learn about the indigenous groups of the area, the arrival of the Spanish, and Miami’s evolution into the city that it is today. Stash your bags with a nearby Bounce partner so you can browse the exhibits unburdened.
- American Airlines Arena: Whether you want to see a Miami Heat game or take in a major concert, American Airlines arena is a lively event space. Located right on the waterfront, this arena is host to all kinds of major headliners year-round. You won’t be able to enter with bags, so drop them off with a nearby Bounce partner ahead of your event.
- Bayside Marketplace: This shopping plaza on the bay is a great place to indulge in some retail therapy or take in a waterfront meal. You can even enjoy a sunset cruise on a boat from the marina out front if you plan ahead. Locate a Bounce partner to store your bags while you wander this plaza.
- Black Police Precinct and Courthouse Museum: This museum honors the contributions of Black police officers who served at what was a segregated precinct from the 1940s through the 1960s. Inside, you’ll find exhibits dedicated to the first 5 Black police officers, the judges who served the precinct, and the courthouse they occupied. Stash your bags with a nearby Bounce partner, so you don’t have to fuss with them during your visit.
- Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM): Fans of contemporary art will love exploring this museum, located just North of Maurice A Ferré park. Exhibitions include a sculpture garden, Caribbean art, and many more. Visitors can’t enter with bags or backpacks, so arrange for luggage storage with a Bounce partner ahead of your visit.
- JetBoat Tour: Sightseeing is so much more exciting from a boat! This speedboat tour will take you past Star Island, Fisher Island, and show off mansions, yachts, and all kinds of other impressive Miami scenery. There won’t be a ton of extra space on the boat, so store your luggage with a Bounce partner during the tour.
- The Olympia Theatre: This beautiful theatre first opened in 1926 to host silent films. Now, it’s a live performance venue where you can take in plays, concerts, and events. If you’re catching a show here, arrange for short-term luggage storage with a nearby Bounce partner, so you don’t have to worry about your bags inside.
- Manatee Photo Safaris: If you’re a fan of outdoor adventures, you can’t miss a tour with Manatee Photo Safaris. This tour company will show you wild manatees and dolphins from the comfort of your own kayak or paddleboard. It’s best to paddle with only the essentials, so stash anything you won’t need on your kayak with a Bounce partner for safekeeping.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Downtown Miami
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Downtown Miami?
The price for luggage storage near Downtown Miami is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Downtown Miami?
There are multiple locations in the Downtown Miami area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Concourse G, Concourse D, and Car Rental Center and all over Miami.
Is it safe to store your bags near Downtown Miami?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Downtown Miami.
Are there storage lockers near Downtown Miami?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Downtown Miami area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Downtown Miami and in the broader Miami area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Downtown Miami?
Popular metro stations like Earlington Heights Metrorail Station, MDT Metromover - Goverment Center Station, or Government Center Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Miami near Downtown Miami, you may be close to some bus stations: Bus Station, Le Jeune & University, or Miami Airport Metrobus Station. If traveling by train, Citizens MiamiCentral, Brightline Miami, and Miami Airport Tri-Rail Station are nearest to Downtown Miami.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Downtown Miami?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Downtown Miami are 1 Hotel South Beach, W Miami, and Loews Miami Beach Hotel. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Downtown Miami are Freehand Miami, Generator Miami, and Selina Gold Dust.
Where are the best restaurants near Downtown Miami?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Downtown Miami are Wynwood Art Walk, W New York, and La Carreta.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Downtown Miami?
Check out the nearby Crandon Park, South Pointe Park, and Bayfront Park.