How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Port of Miami Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Port of Miami?" Perhaps you just arrived in Miami and need a place to store your bags near Port of Miami before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Bal Harbour Shops, Mall of the Americas, or The Shops at Pembroke Gardens and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Haulover Beach, North Shore Open Space Park, or Bayside Marina Stage .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Port of Miami!
Luggage storage nearby Port of Miami with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Miami with multiple locations near Port of Miami.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Port of Miami area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Port of Miami area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, The Bal Harbour Pier, and Starbucks. You can also go for a hike around Tropical Park, South End, and North Shore Beachwalk. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out The Palace Bar, Treehouse Miami, and Flanigan's Seafood Bar & Grill.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Port of Miami area?
✅Multiple locations near Port of Miami✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Port of Miami with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Port of Miami really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Port of Miami and Miami without your things!
About Port of Miami
The Port of Miami is known as the cruise capital of the world and is also the largest passenger port. The port is located on Dodge Island which is just outside of Miami in the mouth of the Miami River. The island where Port of Miami sits is man-made and was created in the early 1900s through the digging of a channel to accommodate large cargo ships. Today, the Port of Miami is an incredibly important part of the Miami economy, and it caters to both cruise ships and cargo ships alike. There is plenty to do here before you hop on a cruise or head to bustling downtown. Sit in the shade of a park or visit a museum. Have a bite to eat before boarding a cruise or attending a meeting. Check your luggage at a Bounce location and explore this section of southern Florida without the hassle of excess baggage. Convenience and flexibility are what Bounce is all about.
Things to Do in Port of Miami
Although the Port of Miami is full of large cruise ships ready to take you on an incredible ocean voyage, see sights on land before you set sail. Bounce recommends putting these destinations on your list.
- Take a quick ten-minute walk to the Bayside Marketplace to grab some great food and fresh produce to enjoy oceanside.
- Walk the port and count the cruise ships as they come in. See if you can guess what is inside the cargo containers being unloaded from the big commercial boats.
- Stroll over to the children’s museum and check out the ocean-themed, interactive exhibits. There is plenty to touch and explore, and there is entertainment for kids and adults alike.
- Sit and relax by Bayfront Park, where you can put your toes in the sand and take a quick nap under a palm tree.
- Schedule a massage at the local mySpa and loosen up your muscles before you head out on a cruise. The spa is an easy 15-minute walk from the Port of Miami.
- See the amazing architecture at the Gesu Catholic Church, considered a historic gem within downtown Miami.
- Visit Jungle Island, where you can see lots of native animals wandering around freely. This eco-adventure park is right across from the Port of Miami and offers a real-life jungle experience with treetop adventures and interactive animal shows.
Transit Options in Port of Miami
- Uber and Lyft car services available in the area
- Airport shuttles, hotel shuttles, and cruise line transfers
- Metro Orange Line
Luggage Storage in Port of Miami
Most people find themselves in the Port of Miami when they are heading out or returning from a cruise. If you are in Miami on business, it is worth exploring between meetings. If you have your cruise-ready luggage with you, or a bulky briefcase, drop it off at a Bounce location. Bounce will store your bags in a secure and convenient location so you can wander around the Port of Miami freely. Explore the area minus the extra baggage.
Luggage Storage Options in Port of Miami
- Perez Art Museum Miami: Housed inside a historical, architectural prize-winning building, this museum is devoted to contemporary art. The exhibits change frequently, so don't miss it. Check your bags with a Bounce partner and get ready to be awed.
- Brickell City Centre: If you love to shop, the Brickell City Centre is one of Miami’s top shopping destinations. The shops span 100 blocks - leave your bags behind with Bounce.
- Wynwood: Wynwood is an art district near the Port of Miami with numerous outdoor murals, art galleries, and fabulous boutiques to survey. Find a nearby Bounce location and shop all afternoon.
- Miami Children’s Museum: Fun awaits people of all ages at this entertaining, interactive museum. Leave all your bags, big and small, at Bounce so that you have both hands free to play.
- Fiesta Cruise: Take a mini 2-hour cruise around the Port of Miami, seeing the city from the ocean. Check your bags with Bounce and pick them up when your boat returns to the port.
- Bayfront Park: Relax in this park with the ocean breeze in your face. Leave your luggage with Bounce and sip a cocktail under a palm tree.
- Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science This world-renowned museum is dedicated to sharing the love of science, inspiring people of all ages. Experience a space shuttle launch or watch sharks swim overhead. Leave your bags with Bounce as this museum demands all of your attention.
- Miami Culinary Tours: If you are feeling hungry, schedule a culinary tour of Miami. You will get to taste lots of local, signature dishes in a fun and educational way. Leave your bags at a Bounce location and focus only on the food!
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Port of Miami
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Port of Miami?
The price for luggage storage near Port of Miami is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Port of Miami?
There are multiple locations in the Port of Miami area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Concourse G, Concourse D, and Car Rental Center and all over Miami.
Is it safe to store your bags near Port of Miami?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Port of Miami.
Are there storage lockers near Port of Miami?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Port of Miami area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Port of Miami and in the broader Miami area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Port of Miami?
Popular metro stations like Earlington Heights Metrorail Station, MDT Metromover - Goverment Center Station, or Government Center Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Miami near Port of Miami, you may be close to some bus stations: Bus Station, Le Jeune & University, or Miami Airport Metrobus Station. If traveling by train, Citizens MiamiCentral, Brightline Miami, and Miami Airport Tri-Rail Station are nearest to Port of Miami.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Port of Miami?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Port of Miami are 1 Hotel South Beach, W Miami, and Loews Miami Beach Hotel. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Port of Miami are Freehand Miami, Generator Miami, and Selina Gold Dust.
Where are the best restaurants near Port of Miami?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Port of Miami are Wynwood Art Walk, W New York, and Versailles Restaurant.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Port of Miami?
Check out the nearby Crandon Park, South Pointe Park, and Bayfront Park.