Luggage Storage Palo Alto
Instantly reserve the best locations near Palo Alto to store your luggage for just $5.90/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Palo Alto Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 27, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Palo Alto?" Perhaps you just arrived in San Francisco and need a place to store your bags near Palo Alto before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Great Mall, Stoneridge Shopping Center, or Hillsdale Shopping Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Half Moon Bay State Beach, Vasona Park, or Lake Chabot Regional Park .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Palo Alto!
Luggage storage nearby Palo Alto with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in San Francisco with multiple locations near Palo Alto.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Palo Alto area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Palo Alto area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Oakland Zoo, and Sunright Tea Studio. You can also go for a hike around Windy Hill Open Space Preserve, Mission Peak Regional Preserve, and Santa Rosa Trail. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out The Dutch Goose, Alpine Inn, and Ray's.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Palo Alto area?
✅Multiple locations near Palo Alto✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Palo Alto with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Palo Alto really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Palo Alto and San Francisco without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in San Francisco!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in San Francisco!View City
About Palo Alto
Palo Alto in California isn't, but should be, named the city beautiful. With broad tree-lined boulevards where hacienda-style residences stand proudly fronting exquisitely manicured gardens, its antiquated appearance belies the fact it is part of Los Angeles' major technological zone, Silicon Valley.
Palo Alto has come a long way since the late 18th century when all there was of the city was a Spanish mission. The 21st century sees Palo Alto home to almost as many large tech companies and research centers as people. Even their presence can't detract from the stunning landscapes around Palo Alto which are made up of the Santa Cruz Mountains, the Los Altos Hills, and numerous parks and nature preserves.
Natural beauty isn't the only thing celebrated in Palo Alto by a long chalk. This city has incredible art and history museums, excellent wineries, a superior food scene, and many venues hosting outdoor music events. Palo Alto is a city to be enjoyed inside and out, a place where you can immerse yourself in the past and the present, try a new wine that will be a future vintage, and let your hair down as if it was still the 1960s.
Things to do in Palo Alto
There are two main elements differentiating the things to do in Palo Alto and they are indoor and outdoor. Palo Alto has sensational outdoor spaces where you can hike through wildernesses that once you're there you'll feel like you're the only person on earth or at least the only person in Silicon Valley. There are museums where the artworks rival the beauty of nature and places to visit in the city that will make you realize just how recent all of the modern technology we now take so for granted actually is. Palo Alto is in every aspect a contrast between old and new that is both eye-opening and awe-inspiring.
- Fascinate the youngsters in the family with a visit to the Palo Alto Junior Museum and Zoo where they can learn by playing on interactive exhibits and get close up to over fifty different animals.
- Step back into the past with a tour of the Los Altos History Museum and not only will you discover facts about the bygone days, but how the area changed from being agriculturally based to the high-tech industrial center it is today.
- Immerse yourself in the innovations and technology of the modern world by browsing the exhibits at the Museum of American Heritage.
- Learn all about California wine with a visit to one of the first established wineries in the state, the Mountain Winery. Time your visit right and you could catch a show in the winery's amphitheater.
- Get a cultural fix by pondering the artwork on display at the Iris and B Gerald Center for Visual Arts. When you've gone around the internal exhibitions head outside to the sculpture garden.
Transit options in Palo Alto
- The Caltrain connects Palo Alto with San Francisco and the surrounding area. It also links with the Bay Area Rapid Transit, or BART, line, making it easy to get around.
- The Stanford-Marguerite Shuttle Bus Service connects Stanford University and its medical center with Palo Alto. The bus stops at Palo Alto Transit Center, connecting it with the Caltrain.
- VTA Bus operates a number of bus lines in Palo Alto, making it easy to get around the city without a car.
Luggage storage in Palo Alto
Using public transport to get around in Palo Alto isn't convenient when you have bags with you. Going into museums and galleries with a suitcase is also a no-no. Leave your bags at a Bounce luggage storage service in Palo Alto and wherever you go the doors will be wide open. Bounce is the most economical and most secure option for storing your bags in Palo Alto while you get to know this incredible city and will give you peace of mind too.
Attractions and activities near Palo Alto
- California's Great America: California's Great America is a huge theme park in Santa Clara. The park covers over a hundred acres with rides and attractions that will literally blow your mind. From single-rail roller coasters to sky-high spinning swings to a big wheel with a five-bar thrill level, this park has it all. For a more sedate ride with scenic views included, board the park's cable car or have a fun drive on the dodgem cars. If you decide to go here for the day, pack towels and swimwear as there's a massive water park too.
- Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum: The Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum is a museum in San Jose dedicated to all things related to ancient Egypt. Enter through the portal of this incredible building which looks just like a columned temple and you'll be in a wonderland of artifacts ranging from tablets with hieroglyphics to sarcophagi complete with mummies and golden jewelry fit for Queen Cleopatra herself. The Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum only opens three days of the week, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Filoli Historic House and Garden: The Filoli Historic House and Gardens are a well-preserved country estate with a seventy-room mansion as a centerpiece. The house was built over a period of three years and is a luxurious example of how the rich lived. The ornateness spreads from the muralled walls of the ballroom to the gilded taps of its sixteen bathrooms. Be prepared to be awed by the kitchen, staff quarters, furniture, the gardens, and the orchards. It really is a different world.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Palo Alto
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Palo Alto?
The price for luggage storage near Palo Alto is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Palo Alto?
There are multiple locations in the Palo Alto area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Terminal 2, Terminal B, and International Terminal and all over San Francisco.
Is it safe to store your bags near Palo Alto?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Palo Alto.
Are there storage lockers near Palo Alto?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Palo Alto area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Palo Alto and in the broader San Francisco area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Palo Alto?
Popular metro stations like Homer Ave Ped/Bike Tunnel can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within San Francisco near Palo Alto, you may be close to some bus stations: Palo Alto Transit Center: VTA, SamTrans, etc, Tesla Shuttle Stop - HQ, or Googleplex - The Hub. If traveling by train, Redwood City Caltrain Station, Mountain View Caltrain Station, and Bayshore-NASA VTA Station are nearest to Palo Alto.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Palo Alto?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Palo Alto are Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel, Navy Lodge Moffett Field, and Hotel Nia. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Palo Alto are Stanford University Community Housing.
Where are the best restaurants near Palo Alto?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Palo Alto are In-N-Out Burger, McDonald's, and Back A Yard Caribbean American Grill.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Palo Alto?
Check out the nearby Mitchell Park, Red Morton Community Park, and Shoreline Park & Lake.