How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
Book in 3 taps
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Find closest locations
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Check all the luggage storage spots in San Francisco
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage near San Mateo?
The price for luggage storage near San Mateo starts from just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near San Mateo?
There are multiple locations in the San Mateo area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Terminal 2, International Terminal, and West Oakland BART Station and all over San Francisco.
Is it safe to store your bags near San Mateo?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near San Mateo.
Are there storage lockers near San Mateo?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the San Mateo area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby San Mateo and in the broader San Francisco area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near San Mateo?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near San Mateo are Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport, Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport Waterfront, and Hilton. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near San Mateo are Hotel Philbert.
Where are the best restaurants near San Mateo?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near San Mateo are San Mateo, In-N-Out Burger, and McDonald's.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near San Mateo?
Check out the nearby Central Park, Leo J Ryan Memorial Park, and Bayfront Park.
Store your luggage around San Mateo
Luggage storage nearby most San Mateo hotspotsPosted
San Mateo Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage near San Mateo?” Perhaps you just arrived in San Francisco and need a place to store your bags near San Mateo before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at UNIQLO Bay Street, Linda Mar Shopping Center, or The Shops at Tanforan and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on sightseeing in the San Mateo area at Half Moon Bay State Beach, Golden Gate Park, or Ocean Beach and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near San Mateo!
Luggage storage nearby San Mateo with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in San Francisco with multiple locations near San Mateo.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the San Mateo area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag .
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the San Mateo area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Oakland Zoo, San Francisco Botanical Garden, and Sea Lions at Pier 39. You can also go for a hike around Windy Hill Open Space Preserve, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, and Presidio of San Francisco. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Marriott San Francisco Airport Lobby Bar, Palette Tea Garden, and BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the San Mateo area?
✅Multiple locations near San Mateo✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near San Mateo with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to San Mateo really easily.Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy San Mateo and San Francisco without your things!
If you are planning on visiting San Mateo and some of the delightful amenities this city has on offer, you may want to consider how you will deal with large luggage items while you are there. Hauling bags can really put a damper on any visit and many attractions simply won't allow you access with them. This is where Bounce luggage storage services come to the fore. They have teamed up with local partners so that you have easily accessible storage options at the click of a button and with the added advantage of free insurance.
About San Mateo
San Mateo is one of the largest of the San Francisco Bay Area suburbs. Its Mediterranean climate has long made it a popular tourist destination, and the city has capitalized on that by creating a wide array of different venues and attractions to act as draw cards. These include the fabulous Japanese gardens, Sawyer Camp Trail and the fascinating Curi Odyssey Center.
The local population is very multi-cultural and this always ensures interesting eateries and unusual cultural exhibits. Combined with great public transport facilities and great hiking and biking, this is definitely a destination worthy of your attention.
Things to do in and around San Mateo
This city was once the summer retreat for wealthy people wishing to escape downtown San Francisco. Today it is part of the greater San Francisco Bay area but it still has a whiff of that holiday atmosphere if you know where to look. Here are some of the options that you might like to explore during your stay.
- Get some peace and quiet at San Mateo Japanese Gardens. Step into another world as you wander through this delightful forested landscape with its powerful Asian atmosphere.
- Enjoy the great outdoors at Coyote Point. Whether is windsurfing, sailing, strolling the marina and beaches or letting the kids go wild in the play area, there is something here for everyone.
- Learn more about the world at CuriOdyssey. Allow the kids to stretch their imaginations as they discover and learn about animals and so many other things at this zoo come activity park.
- Soak up the scenery at Seal Point Park. Keep it simple with a trip to this park where you can hike, bike or just relax with a picnic and a bottle of wine.
- Take a break in Central Park. This park offers a rose garden, Japanese tea garden, koi pond and plant nursery, right in the middle of town.
- Scratch your retail itch at Hillsdale Shopping Center. Here you will be able to shop till you drop but you will also be able to find great food, gastro pubs and even a yoga hall for the kids.
This city is serviced by a number of public transport options that make getting around easy.
- Samtrans. This bus service covers the whole of the San Mateo metro area with links to both San Francisco and the peninsular.
- Caltrain. With roots that extend back as far as 1873, this rail service offers links to the San Fran peninsular as well as San Jose.
- South San Francisco Ferry. If you are traveling to or from San Francisco then the ferry is a viable transport option to consider.
Luggage storage around San Mateo:
A few of the attractions in San Mateo have facilities to look after your bags but in general, you will find that only smaller items are accepted. In addition, you will still have the hassle of hauling your bags across town and on and off public transport which can be bothersome, to say the least. Bounce luggage storage services will help you overcome this problem. You can book online thus ensuring availability of space, and by pairing up with local partners they are able to store your bags in a wide range of convenient locations.
Attractions and activities near San Mateo
You have plenty of choices here and it is really just a matter of deciding what your preferred activities are.
- Bel Mateo Bowl: If you are traveling with kids or you just happen to be a bowling fan, this is a destination that you might like to consider. In addition to the twenty-four bowling lanes, you will be able to enjoy a meal here or a beverage in their bar. There is also a games arcade and pro shop.
- San Mateo County History Museum. This city is located on a peninsula with a rich and vibrant history that includes both native American people and the original Spanish colonists. Combined with an in-depth look into the fascinating natural history, the museum has established a collection that offers something for all members of the family.
- San Francisco: Of course, one of the things that make San Mateo so appealing is its proximity to San Francisco. Surrounded by gorgeous natural surroundings, San Francisco is a city that offers just about everything to visitors. Vibrant nightlife, incredible cuisine, and fascinating culture all combine in the City by the Bay to make for an unforgettable California adventure.