Luggage Storage SoMa
Instantly reserve the best locations near SoMa to store your luggage for just $5.90/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
SoMa Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 27, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near SoMa?" Perhaps you just arrived in San Francisco and need a place to store your bags near SoMa before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at UNIQLO Bay Street, Hillsdale Shopping Center, or Bon Air Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Half Moon Bay State Beach, Ocean Beach, or Lake Merritt .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near SoMa!
Luggage storage nearby SoMa with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in San Francisco with multiple locations near SoMa.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the SoMa area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the SoMa area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Oakland Zoo, San Francisco Botanical Garden, and Sea Lions at Pier 39. You can also go for a hike around Marin Headlands, Fort Funston, and Sawyer Camp Trail. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Twin Peaks, Kaiyō Rooftop, and The Buena Vista01.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the SoMa area?
✅Multiple locations near SoMa✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near SoMa with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to SoMa really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy SoMa and San Francisco without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in San Francisco!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in San Francisco!View City
South of Market, or simply known as SoMa, is a neighborhood in the city of San Francisco in the state of California. The district got its name from its literal location on the map (SoMa is located in the south of Market Street). Once solely a manufacturing district and industrial zone, SoMa has transformed over the years and has become one of the most hip and eclectic urban areas in the Bay Area – offering everything from sports to theater and art. SoMa is truly one of the must-see areas when visiting or making a stop in San Francisco, which is why Bounce has partners across the neighborhood to give you a burden-free experience.
Top Things to Do in SoMa
SoMa is an interesting neighborhood that draws a lot of attention from locals and visitors alike; it is teeming with things to do – from craft breweries and chic restaurants to museums and historical buildings. If you don’t know where to start, check out Bounce’s suggestions on things to do when in SoMa.
- Check out the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, which houses a vast collection of artworks from the Modern era to present day.
- Visit the Yerba Buena Center for the Performing Arts to watch live shows or visit the in-house museum.
- Grab a bite at a Michelin-starred restaurant in SoMa, such as Benu, Mourad and In Situ.
- Stroll along the 5.4-acre long Salesforce Park.
- Drop in for a visit at the Cartoon Art Museum.
- Get inspired at the Ninth Street Independent Film Center, a state-of-the-art facility that features quality indie films.
- Have a glass of beer at one of the neighborhood’s hyperlocal brewery.
- Learn more about printmaking at the iconic Crown Point Press.
- Catch a cabaret dinner show at AsiaSF.
Transit Options in SoMa
- MUNI Metro
- F-line Streetcar
Luggage Storage in SoMa
San Francisco’s SoMa is a significantly-sized neighborhood with plenty of attractions and hidden gems waiting to be discovered. If you want to see as much as you can while in SoMa, you should consider availing of Bounce’s storage services. By safely storing your things with one of Bounce’s locations in SoMa, you can roam the neighborhood more freely.
Luggage Storage Options in SoMa
- Oracle Park: Oracle Park, is the home of the San Francisco Giants and is also a venue for other big Bay area events. Since large bags are not allowed inside the venue, opt to store your backpack or luggage with one of Bounce’s partners in the South Beach neighborhood.
- Moscone Center: Located in Howard Street, the Moscone Center is the biggest exhibition and convention center in the city. There are plenty of Bounce partners in the area where you can store your bags before entering.
- Museum of Ice Cream: A permanent fixture in the Bay Area, this museum features innovative, ice-creamed themed exhibitions. Since large backpacks or luggage are prohibited, it’s best to store your items in a nearby Bounce partner beforehand.
- Exploratorium: Located in The Embarcadero, the Exploratorium is an interactive museum that aims to change human perception through its exhibitions. Because of the museum’s collaborative nature, it’s best to leave your bags at a nearby Bounce partner before being amazed.
- Treasure Island: This artificially-made island situated in San Francisco Bay offers a lot of unique activities for visitors. Drop off your bags in a Bounce location close by and take a day to explore the Island.
- Urban Putt: In the heart of the Mission District in San Francisco is Urban Putt, the only indoor miniature golf course in the city. Urban Putt features an advanced 14-hole golf course and a food and drinks area inside. Locate a Bounce partner in Mission District for luggage storage services.
- Museum of 3D Illusions: Located along Jefferson Street, the Museum of 3D Illusions gives visitors plenty of opportunity to express themselves through interactive exhibits. With no area in the museum for bag storage, use Bounce’s short-term storage services nearby.
- Chinatown: Established near Portsmouth Square is Chinatown, which features an array of temples, exotic markets and authentic Chinese cuisine. Save yourself the trouble of carrying a huge bag around by stowing your things with a Bounce partner within the Chinatown area.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near SoMa
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near SoMa?
The price for luggage storage near SoMa is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near SoMa?
There are multiple locations in the SoMa area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Terminal 2, International Terminal, and West Oakland BART Station and all over San Francisco.
Is it safe to store your bags near SoMa?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near SoMa.
Are there storage lockers near SoMa?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the SoMa area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby SoMa and in the broader San Francisco area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near SoMa?
Popular metro stations like Blinq On Embarcadero Bart Station, Civic Center/UN Plaza BART Station, or Montgomery St BART Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within San Francisco near SoMa, you may be close to some bus stations: Muni Bus Plaza, MUNI Bus Stop - Townsend & 4th, or MUNI Bus Stop - Geary & Masonic. If traveling by train, San Francisco Caltrain Station, Van Ness Station, and West Portal MUNI Metro Station are nearest to SoMa.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near SoMa?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near SoMa are The Westin St Francis San Francisco on Union Square, Hilton, and Hyatt Regency San Francisco. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near SoMa are San Francisco International Hostel, Green Tortoise Hostel, and The Amsterdam Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near SoMa?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near SoMa are Marugame Udon, McDonald's, and Pier 45 Seafood.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near SoMa?
Check out the nearby Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Golden Gate Park, and Presidio of San Francisco.