Gare de l’Est Luggage Storage
Instantly reserve the best locations near Gare de l’Est to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Gare de l’Est Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 28, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Gare de l’Est?" Perhaps you just arrived in Paris and need a place to store your bags near Gare de l’Est before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at C.C Grand Plaisir, Centre Commercial Bay 2, or Centre Commercial Villebon 2 and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Palace of Versailles (Château de Versailles), Eiffel Tower (Tour Eiffel), or Place du Trocadéro .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Gare de l’Est!
Luggage storage nearby Gare de l’Est with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Paris with multiple locations near Gare de l’Est.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Gare de l’Est area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Gare de l’Est area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Le Séverac, Tuileries Garden (Jardin des Tuileries), and Luxembourg Garden (Jardin du Luxembourg). You can also go for a hike around Forêt de Noisy, Promenade plantée – la Coulée Verte, and Coulée verte du Sud Parisien. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Moulin Rouge, Bar à Champagne, and Unisex.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Gare de l’Est area?
✅Multiple locations near Gare de l’Est✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Gare de l’Est with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Gare de l’Est really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Gare de l’Est and Paris without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Paris!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Paris!View City
About Gare de l'Est
One of six large railway stations in Paris, Gare d l'Est has been an important part of the country's rail network since it was opened. Designed to serve trains from the eastern part of the country, Gare de l'Est is close to Gare du Nord and the Eurostar terminal, making it an extremely busy station. In fact, nearly 40 million passengers a year travel through the station.
Gare de l'Est was first opened in 1849, making it one of France's oldest stations. Officially opened by Napoleon the Third, the station quickly grew from its original single platform. It was renovated in 1885 and in 1900 as part of architect Georges-Eugene Hausmann's large-scale redesigning of the city. It was also the location of the first journey of the legendary Orient Express.
The First World War saw many soldiers pass through the station on the way to the front, and millions of them never returned. A large mural inside the station commemorates this sacrifice. In 1931, the station doubled in size, with a new part being built right next to the old part. During the Second World War, an air raid bunker was built into the station, and the bunker still survives to this day and can be visited on Heritage Days.
Things to do in Gare de l'Est
With excellent transport links throughout the city, Gare de l’Est is a great place to begin your exploration of Paris. And you don’t have to go far from the station to begin exploring the city. Many of France’s most iconic attractions are easily reached from Gare de l’Est.
- Celebrate the Bohemian side of Paris in Montmartre. This neighborhood, built on a hill dominated by the church of Sacre Couer, is one of Paris's most iconic. The former home of many world-renowned artists, Montmartre is still a popular place with artists and is often described as being like a village within the city.
- Treat your tastebuds at Paris' Chocolate Museum. This quirky location explains over 4,000 years of history of the world's favorite treat. Don't worry; there will be samples.
- Admire modern architecture at the Pompidou center. This world-famous building appears to be built inside out, with its stairs and escalators on the outside of the building instead of inside. It functions as an exhibition center, art gallery, and cultural venue, and there’s always something interesting going on at this icon of Paris.
- Don’t lose your head at the Place de la Concorde. Paris’s largest public square was the site of guillotine executions during the French Revolution. Now, it’s home to some of the city’s most impressive buildings and is a great place to explore French history.
- Dive into the greatest art in the world at the Louvre. One of Paris's top tourist attractions is also one of the world's greatest museums. The Louvre's sprawling collection covers just about every period in human history, from ancient prehistory to cutting-edge modern art. Home to the Mona Lisa, the Louvre is one of the cultural jewels of the world.
Transit options in Gare de l'Est
- High-speed TGV trains connect Gare de l'Est to Reims, Strasbourg, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, and Munich, among other towns.
- Gare de l'Est has its own Metro station, and is served by lines 4 and 7.
- Buses 38, 46, 54, and others stop right outside Gare de l'Est, making it easy to reach just about anywhere in the city from the station.
Luggage storage in Gare de l'Est
For attractions on the north side of Paris, Gare de l'Est could hardly be more convenient. It's only a short walk from the station and some of the city’s most popular sites, and the excellent transit connections make it even easier to explore. But nothing kills a trip quicker than unnecessary heavy bags. Let Bounce help you track down a luggage storage near Gare de l'Est so you can store your belongings safely and not have to carry them around with you. No matter where you are, there's bound to be a Bounce location close to you.
Activities and attractions near Gare de l'Est
- Musee d'Orsay: Paris is home to some of the world's best museums, and there's more to the city's cultural treasures than just the Louvre. The Musee d'Orsay is an institution dedicated to art from 1848 to 1914. While this may sound like a narrow focus, the museum houses work from some of the world's best-known artists, such as Cézanne, van Gogh, Monet, and Toulouse-Lautrec. If you have an interest in Impressionism, painting, or just art in general, this is a fantastic place to spend a few hours. Note that large bags are not permitted, so make sure you use a luggage storage near Gare de l'Est to store your unneeded possessions.
- Eiffel Tower: You can't come to Paris and not see the Eiffel Tower. In fact, given the way the tower dominates the city skyline, you'll see it whether you want to or not. But as one of the most iconic buildings in the world, the tower is worth making a special trip to visit. Let the elevator carry you up to the viewing platform for an unsurpassed view over Paris. Sometimes, an attraction is an icon for a reason.
- Notre Dame: See the spiritual heart of France at Notre Dame cathedral. Much of Paris' medieval buildings were destroyed in the late 19th century as the city was redesigned, but this stunning church and the neighborhood around it survived. One of the best-known cathedrals in the world, Notre Dame is renowned for its magnificent stained glass, its twin bell towers, and its ornate sculptures and gargoyles. Heavily damaged by a fire in 2019, the Cathedral is still an impressive monument to see and is the heart of one of Paris's many fascinating neighborhoods.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Gare de l’Est
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Gare de l’Est?
The price for luggage storage near Gare de l’Est is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Gare de l’Est?
There are multiple locations in the Gare de l’Est area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Gare SNCF de Chelles — Gournay, Gare SNCF de Maisons-Laffitte, and Paris-Orly Airport (ORY) (Aéroport de Paris-Orly) and all over Paris.
Is it safe to store your bags near Gare de l’Est?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Gare de l’Est.
Are there storage lockers near Gare de l’Est?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Gare de l’Est area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Gare de l’Est and in the broader Paris area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Gare de l’Est?
Popular metro stations like Métro Gare du Nord, Métro Bir-Hakeim — Tour Eiffel, or Métro Stalingrad can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Paris near Gare de l’Est, you may be close to some bus stations: Gare Routière de Bercy-Seine, Terminal Jules Verne, or Noctilien République. If traveling by train, Station Villetaneuse – Université, Paris Nord Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Paris Nord), and Paris Lyon Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Paris Lyon) are nearest to Gare de l’Est.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Gare de l’Est?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Gare de l’Est are Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, Hôtel Fouquet's Barrière, and Pershing Hall. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Gare de l’Est are Generator Paris, Les Piaules Nation, and MEININGER Hôtel Paris Porte de Vincennes.
Where are the best restaurants near Gare de l’Est?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Gare de l’Est are Carette, La Cour de Rome, and Café Marly.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Gare de l’Est?
Check out the nearby Bois de Boulogne, Parc Rives de Seine, and Parc de la Villette.