How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Gare Montparnasse Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Gare Montparnasse?" Perhaps you just arrived in Paris and need a place to store your bags near Gare Montparnasse before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at C.C Grand Plaisir, Centre Commercial Bay 2, or Centre Commercial Villebon 2 and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Palace of Versailles (Château de Versailles), Eiffel Tower (Tour Eiffel), or Place du Trocadéro .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Gare Montparnasse!
Luggage storage nearby Gare Montparnasse with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Paris with multiple locations near Gare Montparnasse.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Gare Montparnasse area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Gare Montparnasse area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Le Séverac, Tuileries Garden (Jardin des Tuileries), and Luxembourg Garden (Jardin du Luxembourg). You can also go for a hike around Forêt de Noisy, Promenade plantée – la Coulée Verte, and Coulée verte du Sud Parisien. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Moulin Rouge, Bar à Champagne, and Unisex.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Gare Montparnasse area?
✅Multiple locations near Gare Montparnasse✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Gare Montparnasse with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Gare Montparnasse really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Gare Montparnasse and Paris without your things!
About Gare Montparnasse
Gare Montparnasse is a railway station located in Paris, France. One of the seven grand train stations in Paris, Gare Montparnasse is a vital transport hub for locals and tourists. Gare Montparnasse connects France's capital via high-speed rail to metropolitan areas in the west and southwest of the country, such as Nantes, Bordeaux, and Rennes. You'll also find a metro station at Gare Montparnasse, which affords quick travel across the city. The station is located on the River Seine's left bank, just south of central Paris.
The current Gare Montparnasse station was opened in 1969. The original Gare Montparnasse became world-famous for the Montparnasse Derailment of 1895, which became one of the best-photographed train derailments in history. The current Gare Montparnasse is one of Paris' most important stations thanks to its central location and proximity to many of the city's most popular attractions.
Things to do in and around Gare Montparnasse
Whether you've just hopped off the train or waiting to leave the city, you'll find loads of things to do in and around Gare Montparnasse. With plenty of activities at the train station and several of Paris' best excursions just a stone's throw away, you'll find something to do whether you have the whole day or just a few hours to kill.
- Peruse the shops at Gare Montparnasse. You'll find several well-known stores within the station, including Lush, Sephora, and Yves Rocher.
- Grab a tasty treat to go from one of Gare Montparnasse's fast-food restaurants. There are several local and international chains at the station, such as YO! Sushi, Paul, and Starbucks.
- Escape the crowded city streets at the Luxembourg Gardens. These lavish gardens date back to the 17th century and cover roughly 60 acres of roses, orchids, and ornate greenhouses encircling Luxembourg Palace.
- Learn about one of France's best-known sculptors at Musee Bourdelle. Located just across from the station, this museum preserves the home of Antoine Bourdelle and contains works by the likes of Auguste Rodin, Eugène Delacroix, and Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres.
- See Paris from above at the Montparnasse Tower. Standing at over 680 feet tall, Montparnasse Tower is one of the tallest skyscrapers in Paris and boasts sweeping views across the city's beautiful skyline.
Transit options at Gare Montparnasse
- Regional train services (TGV)
- Paris metro services (Lines 4, 6, 12, 13)
- Paris city buses (Lines 28, 39, 58, 82, 88, 89, 91, 92, 94, 95, 96)
- Intercity coach services (Lines N01, N02, N12, N13, N61, N62, N63, N66, N145)
- Taxi Ranks (Alpha Taxis, Taxis G7, Belem Taxis 7000)
Luggage storage at Gare Montparnasse
Paris is one of Europe's largest metropolitan areas, with dozens of amazing cultural and historic attractions scattered across the vast cityscape. If you're looking to make the most of your time in Paris, you'll want to find a place to stow your bags before taking a tour of the city. Bounce provides one of the best services in the business, with lots of luggage storage services near Gare Montparnasse. You can easily book through the Bounce app, and before you know it, you'll have a secure and convenient place to stash your suitcase while you explore Paris.
Attractions and activities near Gare Montparnasse
- Eiffel Tower: The Eiffel Tower is one of the most recognizable structures on the planet and is a must-visit in Paris. This iconic tower was originally built in the 1880s as the gateway to the 1889 World's Fair. It was designed by world-famous architect and sculptor Gustave Eiffel, who also had a hand in creating the Statue of Liberty. It stands at over 1,000 feet tall and has been the tallest building in Paris for well over 100 years.
You'll find three different floors within the Eiffel Tower that offer different activities and perspectives on the city below. The first level features a glass floor where you can watch busy Parisiens milling around under your feet. This floor also has a small outside bar where you can enjoy a beverage and a bite to eat. On the second level is the world-famous Michelin-starred Jules Verne restaurant, in case you fancy a luxurious dining experience. At the top of the tower, you'll be treated to postcard-perfect panoramas of the city. You'll also find Gustave Eiffel's historic office here, as well as exhibits on the tower's construction. Large bags are not allowed inside the tower, so swing by a Gare Montparnasse luggage storage service first.
- The Louvre Museum: The Louvre is the best and biggest art museum in the world. This mammoth museum spans over 750,000 square feet, with over 35,000 objects on display. While touring the Louvre, you'll come across some of the most famous pieces of art on the planet, including The Mona Lisa by Leonardo di Vinci, Liberty Leading the People by Eugène Delacroix, and Venus de Milo by Alexandros of Antioch.
As well as an amazing collection of art, the Louvre features hundreds of artifacts that predate history dating back to over 7,000 BC. If you fancy learning more about individual pieces, book a guided tour or pick up an audio tour of the Louvre. As with the Eiffel Tower, sizable bags are prohibited, so find a Paris luggage storage shop nearby before heading to the Louvre.
- Champs-Élysées: The Champs-Élysées is home to many of the best shopping opportunities and restaurants in the French capital. This famous avenue boasts many high-end fashion stores, from Louis Vuitton to Tiffany & Co to Lacoste. After the sun goes down, grab a bite at one of the exquisite French eateries, or head to the theater for some classic French culture. One of the most famous theaters along the Champs-Élysées is Théâtre du Rond-Point which is known for its spectacular modern plays. If you fancy seeing a famous landmark, head to the Arc de Triomphe at the western end of the Champs-Élysées.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Gare Montparnasse
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Gare Montparnasse?
The price for luggage storage near Gare Montparnasse is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Gare Montparnasse?
There are multiple locations in the Gare Montparnasse area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Gare SNCF de Chelles — Gournay, Rer-Orsay-Ville, and Paris-Orly Airport (ORY) (Aéroport de Paris-Orly) and all over Paris.
Is it safe to store your bags near Gare Montparnasse?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Gare Montparnasse.
Are there storage lockers near Gare Montparnasse?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Gare Montparnasse area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Gare Montparnasse and in the broader Paris area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Gare Montparnasse?
Popular metro stations like Métro Gare du Nord, Métro Bir-Hakeim — Tour Eiffel, or Métro Stalingrad can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Paris near Gare Montparnasse, you may be close to some bus stations: Gare Routière de Bercy-Seine, Terminal Jules Verne, or Noctilien République. If traveling by train, Paris Nord Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Paris Nord), Paris Lyon Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Paris Lyon), and Paris Saint-Lazare Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Paris Saint-Lazare) are nearest to Gare Montparnasse.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Gare Montparnasse?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Gare Montparnasse are Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, Hôtel Fouquet's Barrière, and Pershing Hall. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Gare Montparnasse are Generator Paris, Les Piaules Nation, and MEININGER Hôtel Paris Porte de Vincennes.
Where are the best restaurants near Gare Montparnasse?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Gare Montparnasse are Carette, La Cour de Rome, and Café Marly.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Gare Montparnasse?
Check out the nearby Bois de Boulogne, Parc Rives de Seine, and Parc de la Villette.