Luggage Storage Montparnasse
Instantly reserve the best locations near Montparnasse to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Montparnasse Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 20, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Montparnasse?" Perhaps you just arrived in Paris and need a place to store your bags near Montparnasse before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at C.C Grand Plaisir, Centre Commercial Bay 2, or Centre Commercial Villebon 2 and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Palace of Versailles (Château de Versailles), Eiffel Tower (Tour Eiffel), or Place du Trocadéro .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Montparnasse!
Luggage storage nearby Montparnasse with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Paris with multiple locations near Montparnasse.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Montparnasse area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Montparnasse area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Le Séverac, Tuileries Garden (Jardin des Tuileries), and Luxembourg Garden (Jardin du Luxembourg). You can also go for a hike around Forêt de Noisy, Promenade plantée – la Coulée Verte, and Coulée verte du Sud Parisien. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Moulin Rouge, Bar à Champagne, and Unisex.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Montparnasse area?
✅Multiple locations near Montparnasse✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Montparnasse with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Montparnasse really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Montparnasse and Paris without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Paris!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Paris!View City
The Left Bank of the River Seine is the south side of the water. This part of the city has long been known as a bohemian district devoted to artists, and many famous talents have lived in the area. Montparnasse, centered around where the Boulevard du Montparnasse and the Rue de Rennes meet, is generally regarded as one of the city's most fascinating neighborhoods.
The history of Montparnasse as an artistic hub goes back to the 17th century. Students recited poems in front of an artificial hill of rubble which they ironically named Mount Parnassus after the mountain celebrated by Greek poets. Away from the center of the city and the heart of government, Montparnasse remained a far cheaper place to live than the center of Paris. Over time, this drew both immigrants and artists in search of an affordable place to live.
At the start of the 20th century, Paris was the world capital of culture. And as rents climbed in the formerly Bohemian district of Montmartre, struggling artists moved south to Montparnasse and created a community that was home to some of the most famous painters, writers, and intellectuals of the 20th century.
Montparnasse is no longer the cheap place to live it once was, but it still retains much of its Bohemian spirit. And as a neighborhood rich with a variety of worthwhile attractions, you could spend days in this small area alone.
Things to do in Montparnasse
As the home of cultural icons of the 20th century, Montparnasse has plenty to see. But while this district has a fascinating history, it remains a vibrant and lively place to this day.
- Go shopping on Rue Daguerre. Authentic markets in Paris seem to get harder to find with each passing year, which is part of what makes this one so special. Rub shoulders with local residents as they shop for food and get a taste of Paris away from the better-known tourist attractions.
- Pay respects to some of Montparnasse's most famous residents at Montparnasse Cemetery. The final resting place of Charles Baudelaire, Jean-Paul Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir, Guy du Maupassant, and Serge Gainsbourg, this peaceful cemetery is like a Who's Who of France's 20th century cultural elite.
- Take in one of the best views in Paris at the Montparnasse Tower. Opened in 1973, this 688-foot tower was France's tallest skyscraper until 2011. Its observation deck is still a great place to get a view over the city.
- Get creeped out at the Paris Catacombs. This endless network of tunnels beneath the city is filled with the skeletal remains of former Parisians. The entrance to this unique attraction is located just south of Montparnasse, and the artful arrangement of millions of skeletons is something that has to be seen to be believed.
- Learn more about an important chapter of Paris's history at the Musee de General Leclerc. This museum is dedicated to the French resistance and tells the story of Paris under Nazi occupation, along with its eventual liberation.
Transit options in Montparnasse
- Gare Montparnasse is one of Paris's six main railway stations and is located in the heart of the neighborhood. Trains from here serve southern French cities such as Bordeaux, Rennes, and Nantes.
- Montparnasse metro station is attached to the railway station and is served by Metro lines 4, 6, 12, and 13.
- Many bus routes use Montparnasse station as a stop, including 58, 92, and 96. This makes Montparnasse easy to reach from just about anywhere in the city.
Luggage storage in Montparnasse
As a small neighborhood rich in atmosphere, Montparnasse simply begs to be explored on foot. You'll make your trip much easier on yourself if you don't carry more than you need to. Drop off your heavy bags at a Bounce luggage storage in Montparnasse so you can explore freely. Your back will certainly thank you as you wander the vibrant streets of this fascinating district.
Activities and attractions near Montparnasse
- Jardin Luxembourg: Just to the north of Montparnasse, the Jardin Luxembourg offers a chance to escape the chaos of the city. This park goes all the way back to 1612 when it formed the gardens of Luxembourg Palace, built by the Queen of France. Nowadays, its lawns, pathways, and shady trees make it a fantastic place to wander. Grab a bench near the boat pond and watch kids launch toy sailboats across the water, or enjoy a picnic on the grass.
- Pantheon: Celebrate some of France’s greatest minds at the Pantheon. This impressive building was built in 1790 as a church, but by the time it was complete, the French Revolution had started. Instead of becoming a church, it was used as a mausoleum for some of France’s most notable citizens. Today, it is the final resting place of Voltaire, Rousseau, Victor Hugo, and Marie Curie, among other famous French people.
- Musee Rodin: Learn more about one of the world's greatest sculptors at the Musee Rodin. Located in the historic Hotel Biron, this gigantic collection contains some of Rodin's most famous work, including The Thinker and The Kiss. As well as being a great sculptor, Rodin was a collector of other artist's work, and these pieces are displayed alongside those of Rodin himself in this beautiful museum. Note that large bags are not allowed inside the museum, so be sure to leave yours at a Montparnasse luggage storage shop before visiting.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Montparnasse
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Montparnasse?
The price for luggage storage near Montparnasse is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Montparnasse?
There are multiple locations in the Montparnasse area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Gare SNCF de Chelles — Gournay, Paris-Orly Airport (ORY) (Aéroport de Paris-Orly), and Rer-Orsay-Ville and all over Paris.
Is it safe to store your bags near Montparnasse?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Montparnasse.
Are there storage lockers near Montparnasse?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Montparnasse area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Montparnasse and in the broader Paris area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Montparnasse?
Popular metro stations like Métro Gare du Nord, Métro Bir-Hakeim — Tour Eiffel, or Métro Stalingrad can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Paris near Montparnasse, you may be close to some bus stations: Gare Routière de Bercy-Seine, Terminal Jules Verne, or Noctilien République. If traveling by train, Paris Nord Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Paris Nord), Paris Lyon Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Paris Lyon), and Paris Saint-Lazare Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Paris Saint-Lazare) are nearest to Montparnasse.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Montparnasse?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Montparnasse are Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, Hôtel Fouquet's Barrière, and Pershing Hall. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Montparnasse are Generator Paris, Les Piaules Nation, and MEININGER Hôtel Paris Porte de Vincennes.
Where are the best restaurants near Montparnasse?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Montparnasse are Carette, La Cour de Rome, and Café Marly.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Montparnasse?
Check out the nearby Bois de Boulogne, Parc Rives de Seine, and Parc de la Villette.