How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Louvre Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 8, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Louvre?" Perhaps you just arrived in Paris and need a place to store your bags near Louvre before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at C.C Grand Plaisir, Centre Commercial Bay 2, or Centre Commercial Villebon 2 and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Palace of Versailles (Château de Versailles), Eiffel Tower (Tour Eiffel), or Place du Trocadéro .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Louvre!
Luggage storage nearby Louvre with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Paris with multiple locations near Louvre.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Louvre area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Louvre area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Le Séverac, Tuileries Garden (Jardin des Tuileries), and Luxembourg Garden (Jardin du Luxembourg). You can also go for a hike around Forêt de Noisy, Promenade plantée – la Coulée Verte, and Coulée verte du Sud Parisien. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Moulin Rouge, Bar à Champagne, and Unisex.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Louvre area?
✅Multiple locations near Louvre✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Louvre with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Louvre really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Louvre and Paris without your things!
About the Louvre
The Louvre is one of the most famous museums in the world. Located in Paris’ first arrondissement on the bank of the Seine, it is the world’s largest museum and receives 9.6 million visitors annually. People from all over the globe flock to Paris to see the impressive artworks within, including the famous Mona Lisa. It was first opened in 1793 with a total of 537 paintings but was then closed in 1796 due to structural problems with the building. It reopened in 1801 and has continued to grow in size and popularity since.
The museum has an interesting history. Situated in the Louvre Palace, the iconic building was originally a home for French royals before becoming a home for royal exhibitions in 1692. It wasn’t until the French Revolution that the building was allocated its museum status that still exists today. The instantly recognizable glass pyramid was only constructed in 1989, yet it is this structure that most people associate with the Louvre.
Things to do at the Louvre
The Louvre is home to a range of exceptional artworks from the likes of Leonardo Davinci and Alexandros of Antioch. As one of the most visited museums in the world, the Louvre sees a huge number of visitors each year who come to marvel at the famous paintings. Its iconic glass pyramid is located at the main entrance and provides the perfect backdrop for a classic vacation picture.
- Brave the crowds to see the famous Mona Lisa
- Buy a souvenir from the Louvre Pyramid shops
- Join a tour to see the best of The Louvre
- Take a break in the Tuilleries Garden
- Wander through the different corridors of the Louvre
- Get transported to Egypt in the Sully Wing
- Admire the ceiling in the Denon Wing
Transit Options near the Louvre
- Metro train
- Tour bus
Luggage Storage near the Louvre
The Louvre is located in a central part of Paris that is easily accessible. Many of the other big attractions are in the vicinity so the area is effectively set up to accommodate tourists. This includes luggage storage facilities to help travelers enjoy their time in the magical city. Rather than carry heavy or irritating bags from site to site, check them into a storage service like Bounce. You can sightsee till your heart’s content, then pick up your bags on the way back to your hotel.
Attractions and Activities near the Louvre
The Louvre is located in a beautiful part of Paris and there is plenty to see beyond the museum. While the Mona Lisa and other famous artworks are obviously a huge drawcard, try to make time for some exploring in the surrounding area so that you can experience the beauty for yourself.
- The Seine: The Louvre is located on the banks of the Seine so it makes sense to combine the two. When you need a break from viewing art, head out to the river to admire Paris’ biggest waterway. There’s something calming about the water and it’s a picturesque part of the city.
- The love bridge: There are several bridges around the world where couples add their locks to demonstrate their love for each other. One of the most famous of these bridges is in Paris, not far from the Louvre. Take a stroll across the bridge to see how many locks have been added to the structure.
- Jardin des Tuileries: Jardin des Tuileries is a beautiful garden area that is the perfect place for a lunch break. Grab some breadsticks and pate, then head the green environment for some relaxation.
- Palais Royal: The Palais Royale is directly opposite the Louvre. It’s hard to miss the impressive architecture and you’ll want to take a look around the sprawling gardens.
- Rue de Rivoli: If you want to shop where the locals shop, this is the place to do it. Rue de Rivoli has a range of retail options that will keep you entertained for hours. You are guaranteed to find some good deals!
- Place de la Concorde: The Place de la Concorde is a popular town square in the eighth arrondissement of Paris. It’s the largest square in the city and features an unmissable obelisk that stands at 23 meters tall.
- Eiffel Tower: No trip to Paris is complete without a visit to the Eiffel Tower! This iconic structure is one of the most famous tourist attractions in the world and we recommend making the trip at night to see it in all its lit-up glory. Climb to the top for excellent views of the city.
- Arc de Triomphe: Another famous Paris landmark is the Arc de Triomphe. Take a tourist photo and head to the top for more views of Paris.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Louvre
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Louvre?
The price for luggage storage near Louvre is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Louvre?
There are multiple locations in the Louvre area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Gare SNCF de Chelles — Gournay, Gare SNCF de Maisons-Laffitte, and Paris-Orly Airport (ORY) (Aéroport de Paris-Orly) and all over Paris.
Is it safe to store your bags near Louvre?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Louvre.
Are there storage lockers near Louvre?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Louvre area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Louvre and in the broader Paris area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Louvre?
Popular metro stations like Métro Gare du Nord, Métro Bir-Hakeim — Tour Eiffel, or Métro Stalingrad can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Paris near Louvre, you may be close to some bus stations: Gare Routière de Bercy-Seine, Terminal Jules Verne, or Noctilien République. If traveling by train, Paris Nord Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Paris Nord), Paris Lyon Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Paris Lyon), and Paris Saint-Lazare Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Paris Saint-Lazare) are nearest to Louvre.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Louvre?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Louvre are Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, Hôtel Fouquet's Barrière, and Pershing Hall. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Louvre are Generator Paris, Les Piaules Nation, and MEININGER Hôtel Paris Porte de Vincennes.
Where are the best restaurants near Louvre?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Louvre are Carette, La Cour de Rome, and Café Marly.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Louvre?
Check out the nearby Bois de Boulogne, Parc Rives de Seine, and Parc de la Villette.