How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Union Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 9, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Union Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Los Angeles and need a place to store your bags near Union Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Plaza West Covina, Swarovski at Westfield Santa Anita, or Whittwood Town Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Hollywood Park, Venice Beach, or Universal Studios Hollywood Globe and Fountain .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Union Station!
Luggage storage nearby Union Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Los Angeles with multiple locations near Union Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Union Station area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Union Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Porto's Bakery & Cafe, Starbucks, and Winnetka Bowl. You can also go for a hike around Mt. Wilson Trail, Runyon Canyon Park, and Lake Hollywood Park. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Catch One, Dublin's Irish Whiskey Pub, and Tom's Urban.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Union Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Union Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Union Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Union Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Union Station and Los Angeles without your things!
About Union Station LA
Union Station LA is located in northeastern Downtown Los Angeles, bordered by Cesar Chavez Avenue, Vignes Street, the Hollywood Freeway, and Alameda Street. Opened in 1939, Union Station LA is the largest railroad terminal in California and the western US. The station is the primary hub for Metrolink commuter trains, as well as a major stop on Amtrak and along the Metro Rail. Union Station LA serves over 100,000 passengers each day.
Fun fact: Designed in a blend of Art Deco, Streamline Moderne, and Mission Revival styles, Union Station LA was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Things to Do near Union Station LA
Aside from catching a train, Union Station and the surrounding area of Downtown Los Angeles offer many things to see and do, including but not limited to the following:
- Take a guided tour of the art and architecture at Union Station before boarding your train
- Visit the Broad Museum and enjoy its contemporary artwork with free admission
- Revel in the sounds of the LA Philharmonic or simply explore the grounds at the Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Walk north to Chinatown for authentic cuisine and souvenirs
- Try out bites from dozens of vendors at the Grand Central Market
- Catch an NBA game or a concert at Staples Center
- Explore the nearby Arts District to kill time at murals, galleries, cafes, and more
Transit Options at Union Station LA
- Metro Rail
- Metro bus: Silver Line
- Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach
- California Shuttle Bus
- Big Blue Bus to Santa Monica
- Metro subway: Red Line, Purple Line
Luggage Storage near Union Station LA
Union Station Los Angeles doesn’t offer public luggage lockers for passengers. However, passengers are able to store their things with Amtrak Baggage Claim. Unfortunately, bag storage fees are quite steep at $20 per bag for 24 hours, or $10 for Amtrak-ticketed passengers. (On the plus side, business and first-class passengers can store their bags for free.)
If you’re hoping to find a more cost-effective solution for luggage storage near Union Station, drop off your things with a Bounce partner nearby and feel free to roam Downtown Los Angeles with ease. You can easily drop your bags at a Bounce location for the day, or even a few days, and then head out on a fantastic adventure in Los Angeles. Explore Union Station, then move out into the city and start rubbing elbows with the locals enjoying delightfully fresh cuisine, high-end and bargain shopping, and visiting some of the hottest attractions all without worrying about your belongings.
Luggage Storage Options Near Union Station LA
- Avila Adobe Museum: Come tour one of the oldest residences in Los Angeles, built in 1818. Turned into a museum, the home has been restored to its natural beauty and is only about a five-minute walk from Union Station. Drop your luggage at a Bounce location before heading to the Avila Adobe Museum.
- Los Angeles State Historic Park: Bring your walking shoes and enjoy an invigorating stroll through breathtaking green spaces. Sit under one of the shade trees and enjoy a wonderful view of many of the buildings of downtown looming in the distance. Leave your bags with Bounce while you commune with nature.
- Los Angeles Terminal Annex Post Office: Learn more about the history of Los Angeles and the United States Postal Service by touring this amazing building. This was the main hub for the mail service for almost 50 years until a larger facility was built. Large bags are not allowed in the building, so let Bounce keep them for you while you explore.
- El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument: Located in the Paseo de la Plaza, the monument encompasses several historical buildings and pays homage to the immigrants that helped build Los Angeles, including the Chinese and Hispanic cultures that influenced the city. You do not want to drag bulky bags through this plaza; Bounce is nearby waiting to keep your bags.
- Olvera Street: There are 27 historical buildings along Olvera Street including the Avila Adobe Museum. Check out the buildings and shop some of the street vendors for trendy Mexican handicrafts.
- Chinatown: One of the most ornate and festive spots in Los Angeles, Chinatown will put you on sensory overload. Filled with restaurants and shops, Chinatown is the place to be on the weekends. Bounce will keep your bags safe while you enjoy all Chinatown has to offer.
- Chinese American Museum: After experiencing Chinatown, stop by the Chinese American Museum to learn more about the history of Chinese Americans and how they helped build and shape Los Angeles. Large bags are not allowed in the museum, so find a nearby Bounce location before heading to the museum.
- Old Plaza Firehouse Museum: Built in 1884, this is the oldest firehouse in the city and has been designated as a California Historical Landmark. Located within walking distance of Olvera Street, come see how fire protection services have evolved through the years.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Union Station
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Union Station?
The price for luggage storage near Union Station is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Union Station?
There are multiple locations in the Union Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Tom Bradley International Terminal, Terminal 2, and Terminal 5 and all over Los Angeles.
Is it safe to store your bags near Union Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Union Station.
Are there storage lockers near Union Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Union Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Union Station and in the broader Los Angeles area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Union Station?
Popular metro stations like Metro Rail - Union Station or LATTC Ortho Institute Expo Line Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Los Angeles near Union Station, you may be close to some bus stations: Harbor Transit Way, Bus Station, or LAC+UCS Medical Bus Stop. If traveling by train, Union Station, 7th Street/Metro Center Station, and Union Pacific Railroad are nearest to Union Station.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Union Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Union Station are The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites, Wilshire Grand Center, and The Wilshire Hotel. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Union Station are Freehand Los Angeles, Stay on Main, and The Rumi.
Where are the best restaurants near Union Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Union Station are Chick-Fil-A, McDonald's, and Taco Bell.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Union Station?
Check out the nearby Griffith Park, Echo Park at the Lotus Festival, and Arroyo Seco Park.