How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Buckingham Palace Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 9, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Buckingham Palace?" Perhaps you just arrived in London and need a place to store your bags near Buckingham Palace before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Bluewater Shopping Centre, Lakeside Shopping Centre, or Atria and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Moatfields, Piccadilly Circus, or Trafalgar Square .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Buckingham Palace!
Luggage storage nearby Buckingham Palace with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in London with multiple locations near Buckingham Palace.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Buckingham Palace area start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Buckingham Palace area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Costa Pronto, Ralph’s Coffee, and Ladurée. You can also go for a hike around RSPB Rainham Marshes, Home Wood, and Shoreham Hike. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Novikov, Buns and Buns, and Sky Garden.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Buckingham Palace area?
✅Multiple locations near Buckingham Palace✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Buckingham Palace with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Buckingham Palace really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Buckingham Palace and London without your things!
About Buckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace sits right in the heart of London. It has been the official residence of the British monarch since 1837 and is still the home of the Queen today. A tourist attraction in its own right, the palace is also convenient to many of London's other top sites and activities.
Queen Victoria was the first monarch to live at Buckingham Palace. When she first moved in, the chimneys smoked too much to be used, meaning the palace was often cold. Her husband, Prince Albert, dedicated himself to supervising improvements of the palace to make it more livable.
These days, the palace's 775 rooms are maintained at a comfortable temperature. Over the years, successive kings and queens have added to the palace's collection of art, which includes works by Rembrandt, van Dyck, and Vermeer.
Back in 1993, some parts of the palace opened to members of the public. Now, over half a million people visit Buckingham Palace every year to get a glimpse into the lifestyle of the world's most famous royal family.
Things to do near Buckingham Palace
The location of the palace near the center of London makes it an almost inevitable stop on a tour of the city. It's within walking distance of many of London's most popular attractions. There's no shortage of things to do near Buckingham Palace.
- Take in the royal art collection in Buckingham Palace's picture gallery. Housed in the staterooms where the Queen receives foreign dignitaries, the royal art collection boasts an impressive list of famous artists, such as Canaletto, Canova, Rubens, and others. Check the hours carefully before you visit, because the gallery is sometimes closed for state functions.
- Relax like a Londoner at St. James's Park. This broad stretch of green space is popular with locals and visitors alike. If the weather allows, stretch out on the grass and enjoy a picnic, or watch the resident pelicans that were a gift to King Charles II from the Russian ambassador.
- Enjoy the pomp and pageantry of the Changing of the Guard. This grand ceremony takes place every other day at 11 AM right in front of Buckingham Palace. It's one of London's most popular spectacles, so make sure you get there early.
- Socialize like the Queen over afternoon tea. The palace lounge at the Rubens hotel is known for its elaborate afternoon tea, and makes for a classy and quintessentially British place to have lunch.
- Take a boat ride on the Serpentine at Hyde Park. Cruise past Princess Diana Memorial and the famous Peter Pan statue on a rental boat at this famous London water feature.
Transit options near Buckingham Palace
- Victoria station is the closest underground station to the palace and is served by the Circle, District, and Victoria lines.
- Victoria station is also a major train station and offers service to Gatwick Airport, along with other points around the country.
- Buckingham Palace lies on the route of several bus lines, including 11, 24, 148, and others.
Luggage storage near Buckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace's location in the heart of London makes it simple to reach and easy to add to any London trip. Whether you decide to explore the area on foot or by the London underground, you don't want to carry more luggage than you need to.
Bounce has luggage storage locations near Buckingham Palace and throughout London. Find a location convenient for you so you can travel more easily through this big and bustling city.
Attractions and activities near Buckingham Palace
- Westminster Abbey: As part of London for a thousand years, Westminster Abbey has seen many coronations and royal weddings and has become the final resting place for some of Britain's most eminent citizens, including Geoffrey Chaucer, Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, and Stephen Hawking. This still-functioning church is no place to be carrying heavy bags around, so make sure you drop them off at a London luggage storage facility before visiting.
- Palace of Westminster: The palace and its iconic clock tower known as Big Ben form a legendary London landmark along the banks of the Thames. Visit at night to see this iconic landmark lit up and hear the chimes of Big Ben ring out over the city.
- London Eye: This British icon sits on the south bank of the river and offers unsurpassed views of the city from its glass pods.This gigantic Ferris wheel has become one of London's most visited attractions and makes the perfect photo opportunity. Large bags are not permitted on the wheel, so make sure you drop them off at a luggage storage shop in London before visiting.
- Jack the Ripper walking tour: This macabre tour will take you to locations that tell the story of London's most famous serial killer. This atmospheric tour may not be for everyone, but if you have a taste for the unusual, it's an unforgettable way to spend an evening. You'll be doing plenty of walking, so make sure to leave your bags at a Bounce location before setting out.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Buckingham Palace
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Buckingham Palace?
The price for luggage storage near Buckingham Palace is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Buckingham Palace?
There are multiple locations in the Buckingham Palace area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Redhill Railway Station (RDH), St. Albans City Station, and Terminal 5C and all over London.
Is it safe to store your bags near Buckingham Palace?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Buckingham Palace.
Are there storage lockers near Buckingham Palace?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Buckingham Palace area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Buckingham Palace and in the broader London area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Buckingham Palace?
Popular metro stations like Waterloo London Underground Station, Oxford Circus London Underground Station, or Embankment London Underground Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within London near Buckingham Palace, you may be close to some bus stations: Victoria Coach Station, Victoria Coach Station Arrivals Hall, or Stamford Brook Bus Garage. If traveling by train, London Paddington Railway Station (PAD), London St Pancras International Railway Station (STP), and London Liverpool Street Railway Station (LST) are nearest to Buckingham Palace.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Buckingham Palace?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Buckingham Palace are GLH Hotels - Amba Hotel Marble Arch Costa Store, Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, and London Hilton on Park Lane. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Buckingham Palace are The Green Man, No 8 Willesden, and Generator London.
Where are the best restaurants near Buckingham Palace?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Buckingham Palace are EL&N London, North Audley Cantine, and Hideaway.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Buckingham Palace?
Check out the nearby Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, and Regent's Park.