How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Tower of London Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Tower of London?" Perhaps you just arrived in London and need a place to store your bags near Tower of London before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Bluewater Shopping Centre, Lakeside Shopping Centre, or Atria and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Moatfields, Piccadilly Circus, or Trafalgar Square .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Tower of London!
Luggage storage nearby Tower of London with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in London with multiple locations near Tower of London.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Tower of London area start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Tower of London area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Costa Pronto, Ralph’s Coffee, and Ladurée. You can also go for a hike around RSPB Rainham Marshes, Home Wood, and Shoreham Hike. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Novikov, Buns and Buns, and Sky Garden.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Tower of London area?
✅Multiple locations near Tower of London✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Tower of London with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Tower of London really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Tower of London and London without your things!
About the Tower of London
The Tower of London has been a landmark in the city for nearly a thousand years. As a royal residence, fortress, and prison, the Tower has played an outsized role in British history for centuries. A list of past residents of the Tower reads like a who's who of British historical figures.
Elizabeth I was once imprisoned here, as was Sir Walter Raleigh. The Tower was also the backdrop of the murder of the Princes in the Tower, a historical mystery that is unsolved to this day. More recently, notorious London gangsters Ronnie and Reggie Kray were the last prisoners to be held at the Tower in 1952.
But while the Tower has been the site of imprisonment, torture, and executions, it also displays the opulence of the British monarchy. For example, the crown jewels are kept at the Tower of London, and you can see them during your visit.
Due to its historical importance and the presence of the crown jewels, security at the Tower of London is still relatively tight. Large bags are not allowed, and there is no on-site storage. Luckily, Bounce has many locations for luggage storage near the Tower of London. Your bags will be kept as securely as the crown jewels while you explore this incredible monument to history.
Things to do at the Tower of London
A guided tour of the Tower of London is like a crash course in British history. The list of monarchs and prisoners that have spent time in the Tower gives an insight into the extremes of British society through the centuries. Wandering the halls and dungeons and visiting the crown jewels can easily eat up most of the day.
However, the Tower's location in central London means it is surrounded by other great things to do. Things like:
- Visit Tower Bridge. London Bridge may be more famous thanks to a nursery rhyme, but it's Tower Bridge that most people think of when they think of iconic London bridges. Located right outside the Tower of London, Tower Bridge spans the Thames, and you can climb its iconic towers for a view over the city.
- Go skating at the Tower of London Ice Rink. If you visit during winter, don't miss this opportunity to skate right under the foreboding walls of the Tower itself. It's worth it for the photo opportunity alone.
- Walk the wall. Given all the history that has taken place in London over the past 2000 years, it's easy to forget that this was once a Roman town. The London Wall Walk follows the route of the old Roman wall of Londinium from the Tower of London to the Museum of London.
- If all this history seems a little overwhelming, you can retreat for some relaxing drinks in an opulent setting at the Rotunda Bar at the nearby Four Seasons Hotel. With classic cocktails, bar snacks, and live music every night, it's a great place to unwind and relax during a busy trip to the city.
- Take in the view at The Sky Garden. This observation deck, with its tropical plants, provide a unique view over the city. Enjoy live music, yoga, or dine at the on-site restaurant from this unforgettable vantage point.
Transit options near the Tower of London
- Tower Hill is the nearest underground station to the Tower of London.
- Tower Hill is served by the Circle and District underground lines.
- Fenchurch Street train station is only a short walk away from the Tower.
Luggage storage at the Tower of London
Like many great cities, London is best explored on foot. The Tower of London sits on the banks of the River Thames, close to the Square Mile of the City of London, Westminster, the West End, and several other iconic London districts. You could spend days exploring everything there is to do here.
You won't get far dragging a heavy bag with you. Track down a Bounce luggage storage near the Tower of London and get rid of anything you don't need so you can travel lighter. You'll have a lot more fun when you're not carrying unnecessary items, and your bags will be waiting safely for you when you return.
Attractions and activities near the Tower of London
- Leadenhall Market: This Victorian indoor market is a stunning place to shop. Along with food and clothing stores, there are bars and restaurants inside the covered arcade that can protect you from the unpredictable London weather. It's also famous as the location of Diagon Alley in the Harry Potter series. Store your luggage at a nearby Bounce luggage storage location before losing yourself in the bustle of this market.
- The Shard: On the other side of the river from the Tower of London, the Shard is the tallest building in the entire country. Its observation deck offers breathtaking views out over the city below.
- The British Museum: This legendary museum houses exhibits on everything from Egyptian mummies to medieval tapestries to ancient Greek sculpture. It's also free to visit. Large bags aren't allowed inside, so make sure you drop your luggage at a Bounce luggage storage shop before visiting.
- Shakespeare's Globe: This carefully constructed open-air theater allows you to see Shakespeare plays in a building just like the original theater where they were first performed.
- Westminster Abbey: This ancient church has been the site of coronations and royal weddings for centuries. It's also the final resting place of famous British figures, such as Elizabeth I, Mary Queen of Scots, Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton, and Charles Dickens.
- Buckingham Palace: The main residence of Britain's reigning queen, Buckingham Palace can be visited on a guided tour. Make sure you're in the area before 11:30 to witness the ceremonial changing of the guard.
- Hyde Park: One of London's largest and grandest parks, this is an excellent place to spend some time on a sunny day. It's home to the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain and Kensington Palace. To explore this 350-acre park fully, leave your bags at a Bounce luggage storage location so that you're not carrying more than you need to.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Tower of London
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Tower of London?
The price for luggage storage near Tower of London is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Tower of London?
There are multiple locations in the Tower of London area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Redhill Railway Station (RDH), St. Albans City Station, and Terminal 5C and all over London.
Is it safe to store your bags near Tower of London?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Tower of London.
Are there storage lockers near Tower of London?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Tower of London area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Tower of London and in the broader London area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Tower of London?
Popular metro stations like Waterloo London Underground Station, Oxford Circus London Underground Station, or Canning Town London Underground and DLR Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within London near Tower of London, you may be close to some bus stations: Victoria Coach Station, Stratford Bus Station, or Victoria Coach Station Arrivals Hall. If traveling by train, London Paddington Railway Station (PAD), London St Pancras International Railway Station (STP), and London Liverpool Street Railway Station (LST) are nearest to Tower of London.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Tower of London?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Tower of London are GLH Hotels - Amba Hotel Marble Arch Costa Store, Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, and London Hilton on Park Lane. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Tower of London are The Green Man, Generator London, and Wombat's City Hostel London.
Where are the best restaurants near Tower of London?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Tower of London are EL&N London, North Audley Cantine, and Hideaway.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Tower of London?
Check out the nearby Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, and Regent's Park.