How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Tate Modern Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Tate Modern?" Perhaps you just arrived in London and need a place to store your bags near Tate Modern before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Bluewater Shopping Centre, Lakeside Shopping Centre, or Atria and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Moatfields, Piccadilly Circus, or Trafalgar Square .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Tate Modern!
Luggage storage nearby Tate Modern with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in London with multiple locations near Tate Modern.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Tate Modern area start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Tate Modern area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Costa Pronto, Ralph’s Coffee, and Ladurée. You can also go for a hike around RSPB Rainham Marshes, Home Wood, and Shoreham Hike. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Novikov, Buns and Buns, and Sky Garden.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Tate Modern area?
✅Multiple locations near Tate Modern✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Tate Modern with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Tate Modern really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Tate Modern and London without your things!
About Tate Modern
The Tate Modern is an art museum situated in London, England. One of four Tate Moderns which can be found in cities across the UK, this museum houses some of the best contemporary art from around the world. While the Tate Modern hosts impactful temporary exhibits, it also contains a massive permanent collection of art. This collection is thought to be one of the biggest on the planet and includes artwork by the likes of Juan Gris, Pablo Picasso, and Claude Monet.
The London branch of the Tate Modern sits upon the banks of the Thames. Uniquely, the Tate Modern came to be due to the closure of the Battersea Power Station. Locals objected to the demolition of the power station and campaigned for an alternative use for the building. During the mid-90s, the Battersea Power Station was gutted and converted into the Tate Modern. Jacques Herzog and Pierre de Meuron designed the building's interior after winning an international competition to choose a new architect.
Fun Fact: The architect behind the original Battersea Power Station, Giles Gilbert Scott, also designed London's famous red telephone boxes.
Things to do near Tate Modern
You'll find plenty to do near the Tate Modern, with many of London's best shops, restaurants, and attractions just a short walk from this wonderful art gallery. Once you've studied the gallery's collection, head to some of these nearby attractions to get a taste of London.
- Quench your thirst with a drink at the Tate Modern Terrace Bar. The Terrace Bar features outside seating with views of the Thames and serves an array of pastries, cakes, and other goodies.
- Chow down at Level 9. This contemporary restaurant is located within the Tate Modern and offers everything from three-course meals to quick snacks, so there's something for everyone to enjoy.
- Take a stroll across the Millenium Bridge. This modern suspension bridge was opened in 2000 and boasts sweeping views of the Thames.
- Admire the architectural brilliance of St Paul's Cathedral. Built in the 17th century, St Paul's Baroque architecture is a sight to behold.
- Browse the boutiques at Oxo Tower Wharf. You'll find a wide variety of wares at this venue, from clothing to art to furniture.
- Step back in time at Shakespeare's Globe. A recreation of an Elizabethan theatre constructed during the 16th century, Shakespeare's Globe produces spellbinding versions of Shakespeare's best works.
Transit Options near Tate Modern
- Southwark Underground Tube Station (Jubilee Line)
- London Train Service from Blackfriars Station
- Santander Cycles
Luggage storage near Tate Modern
London is a bustling, spread-out city with tons of fascinating historical sights and exciting attractions to visit. If you're planning to explore London, you may want to find somewhere to leave your belongings. Bounce offers several luggage storage services near the Tate Modern. These facilities are located at nearby businesses, including shops, dry cleaners, and hotels. These services are quick and straightforward to book through the Bounce app and can be canceled free of charge for added flexibility.
Attractions and activities near Tate Modern
- The Shard: Looking for the best views of London? Swing by The Shard. This state-of-the-art skyscraper is the tallest building in the UK at over 1,000 feet high. While primarily an office building, visitors are welcome to visit "A View from the Shard," an observation deck located on the 72nd floor, the highest habitable level in The Shard. Visitors will be treated to stunning panoramas of London from the observation deck. Afterward, grab a bite to eat or drink at one of the tower's many restaurants and bars. Many of these restaurants and bars are high up in the tower, so you enjoy a tasty meal with a dizzying view. Bags over a certain size aren't allowed inside The Shard, so pop by a London luggage storage service first.
- Museum of London: The Museum of London is the ideal way to learn about the long history of this ancient city. The museum has tons of artifacts and exhibits that document London's expansion into the sprawling metropolis you see today. Popular exhibits at the Museum of London include recreations of what London would've been like when it was inhabited by Romans around 2,000 years ago, and how the black plague affected the city. There are also intriguing relics, such as the 2012 Olympic Cauldron.
- Tower of London: The Tower of London has been at the forefront of British history for around 1,000 years. Many critical events throughout history have taken place in and around the Tower of London, including the beheading of Anne Boelyn and the mysterious death of King Henry VI. Visitors can take guided tours of this seminal castle. During the tour, you'll learn about the tower's hidden secrets and see where many famous historical events took place. One of the highlights from the tour is seeing the Royal Crown Jewels, which have been on display in Tower of London since the mid-1600s. Like The Shard, no large bags are permitted within the Tower of London, so consider stopping off at a luggage storage service near the Tate Modern before taking a tour.
- Big Ben: No trip to London would be complete without visiting the iconic Big Ben. One of the UK's most famous landmarks, Big Ben features lavish Gothic architecture and was named after it's five mammoth bells. It stands at over 300 feet tall overlooking the House of Parliament and is one of the most recognizable buildings in London’s skyline. If you're planning on seeing Big Ben, consider strolling along Westminster Bridge and snapping a selfie with the iconic tower in the background.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Tate Modern
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Tate Modern?
The price for luggage storage near Tate Modern is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Tate Modern?
There are multiple locations in the Tate Modern area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Redhill Railway Station (RDH), St. Albans City Station, and Terminal 5C and all over London.
Is it safe to store your bags near Tate Modern?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Tate Modern.
Are there storage lockers near Tate Modern?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Tate Modern area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Tate Modern and in the broader London area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Tate Modern?
Popular metro stations like Waterloo London Underground Station, Oxford Circus London Underground Station, or Canning Town London Underground and DLR Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within London near Tate Modern, you may be close to some bus stations: Victoria Coach Station, Stratford Bus Station, or Victoria Coach Station Arrivals Hall. If traveling by train, London Paddington Railway Station (PAD), London St Pancras International Railway Station (STP), and London Liverpool Street Railway Station (LST) are nearest to Tate Modern.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Tate Modern?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Tate Modern are GLH Hotels - Amba Hotel Marble Arch Costa Store, Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, and London Hilton on Park Lane. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Tate Modern are The Green Man, Generator London, and Wombat's City Hostel London.
Where are the best restaurants near Tate Modern?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Tate Modern are EL&N London, North Audley Cantine, and Hideaway.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Tate Modern?
Check out the nearby Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, and Regent's Park.