How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Science Museum Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 4, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Science Museum?" Perhaps you just arrived in London and need a place to store your bags near Science Museum before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Bluewater Shopping Centre, Lakeside Shopping Centre, or Atria and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Moatfields, Piccadilly Circus, or Trafalgar Square .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Science Museum!
Luggage storage nearby Science Museum with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in London with multiple locations near Science Museum.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Science Museum area start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Science Museum area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Costa Pronto, Ralph’s Coffee, and Ladurée. You can also go for a hike around North Downs Way, RSPB Rainham Marshes, and Home Wood. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Novikov, Buns and Buns, and Sky Garden.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Science Museum area?
✅Multiple locations near Science Museum✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Science Museum with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Science Museum really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Science Museum and London without your things!
About the Science Museum
London's Science Museum is one of the capital's most popular tourist attractions, receiving over three million visitors per year. Founded back in 1857, the museum has stayed current by updating exhibits with the latest and greatest in scientific know-how and discovery. It's a popular place for both adults and kids to learn more about the world we live in and the history of science that has revealed it to us.
Some of the museum's more famous exhibits include Stephenson's Rocket steam engine, the first jet engine ever built, and the Apollo 10 command module. The museum is also known for its interactive exhibits that make education fun, along with an IMAX theater to bring documentaries to life.
The museum also organizes adults-only events on the last Wednesday of every month. These can be lectures, film screenings, or even silent discos.
The Science Museum is located in London's trendy Kensington district. This puts it close not only to a selection of other interesting museums, but also means you'll find world-class shopping, dining, and other attractions close by.
Things to do near the Science Museum
With its interactive exhibits and many themed galleries, the Science Museum can keep you and your family entertained for at least a day, if not several. But thanks to the area the museum is in, there's plenty to do outside of its doors too. Kensington is an area well worth exploring, and the Science Museum is just one of its many attractions. You could also:
- Spend some cash at Portobello market. London is home to countless open-air markets, but the one on Portobello Road is one of the most iconic. Known as the world's largest antiques market, over 1,000 stalls sell just about everything under the sun at this lively London attraction.
- Explore the lives of royalty at Kensington Palace. The current home of Prince William, the heir to the British throne, Kensington Palace is open to the public. You can explore the fabulously decorated rooms and exquisite art galleries, or wander in the well-manicured gardens that make up one of London's best city parks.
- Take in some culture at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Just steps from the Science Museum, the Victoria and Albert has one of the world's most extensive collections of sculpture. Devoted to the decorative arts, it is home to priceless masterpieces along with quirky exhibits of the everyday.
- Go shopping at Harrods. This legendary department store is known for luxury brands and exceptional customer service. Even if you can't afford the price tags here, it's still worth a visit just to see how London's wealthy live.
Transit options near the Science Museum
- South Kensington Underground station is connected to the Science Museum by a pedestrian walkway. The station is served by the District, Circle, and Piccadilly lines.
- South Kensington station lies on many London bus routes, including 14, 49, 70, 74, and others.
- Transport London operates a rental bike docking station outside the museum, making it easy to reach on the city's network of public rental bikes.
Luggage storage near the Science Museum
As well as being a big attraction in its own right, London's Science Museum is within walking distance of many of London's most interesting sites. Whether you're looking for museums, art galleries, public parks, upscale restaurants, or trendy cafés, you'll find them all in the Kensington district that the museum calls home.
Although Kensington is a little bit outside the normal London tourist route, it still gets its share of visitors. Plus it's perennially popular with the locals. All of which means crowds. Luckily, Bounce can help. By providing luggage storage near the Science Museum, Bounce can help you travel lighter through the capital and enjoy your visit more. Track down a Bounce location and drop off your bags so that you can get on with enjoying your visit to London.
Activities and attractions near the Science Museum
- Natural History Museum: Another Kensington institution, this museum attracts millions of visitors per year. The huge collection of specimens here, including an intact blue whale skeleton in its own magnificent hall, is sure to make an impression on anyone, young or old. Be aware that the museum does not allow large bags, so it's best to drop off your baggage at a London luggage storage shop before you visit.
- Hyde Park:. The Serpentine is the waterway that runs through this green space, and you can rent rowboats and pedal boats to explore under your own steam. If that sounds like too much work, the Serpentine is also home to the Solarshuttle, a 40 passenger boat that glides across the water powered only by the sun. Boats are no place for large bags, so make sure you take advantage of luggage storage near the Science Museum first.
- The Restaurant at The Capital: One of the country’s top seafood restaurants, this classic is located in the five-star Capital Hotel. Focusing on fresh, traditional ingredients, The Restaurant offers classic British cuisine with a contemporary twist. The dress code is smart casual, but you certainly don’t want to be carrying heavy luggage with you, so drop it off at a luggage storage service in London before you go.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Science Museum
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Science Museum?
The price for luggage storage near Science Museum is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Science Museum?
There are multiple locations in the Science Museum area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Redhill Railway Station (RDH), St. Albans City Station, and Terminal 5C and all over London.
Is it safe to store your bags near Science Museum?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Science Museum.
Are there storage lockers near Science Museum?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Science Museum area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Science Museum and in the broader London area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Science Museum?
Popular metro stations like Waterloo London Underground Station, Oxford Circus London Underground Station, or Embankment London Underground Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within London near Science Museum, you may be close to some bus stations: Victoria Coach Station, Victoria Coach Station Arrivals Hall, or Stamford Brook Bus Garage. If traveling by train, London Paddington Railway Station (PAD), London St Pancras International Railway Station (STP), and London Liverpool Street Railway Station (LST) are nearest to Science Museum.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Science Museum?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Science Museum are GLH Hotels - Amba Hotel Marble Arch Costa Store, Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, and London Hilton on Park Lane. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Science Museum are The Green Man, No 8 Willesden, and Generator London.
Where are the best restaurants near Science Museum?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Science Museum are EL&N London, North Audley Cantine, and Hideaway.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Science Museum?
Check out the nearby Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, and Regent's Park.