How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
Book in 3 taps
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Find closest locations
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Check all the luggage storage spots in New York
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage near Downtown Newark?
The price for luggage storage near Downtown Newark starts from just $6.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Downtown Newark?
There are multiple locations in the Downtown Newark area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Hoboken Terminal, New York Penn Station, and Atlantic Terminal and all over New York.
Is it safe to store your bags near Downtown Newark?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Downtown Newark.
Are there storage lockers near Downtown Newark?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Downtown Newark area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Downtown Newark and in the broader New York area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Downtown Newark?
Popular metro stations like Journal Square PATH Station, Newark PATH Station, or PATH Plaza can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within New York near Downtown Newark, you may be close to some bus stations: NJT Hilton Garage, Irvington Bus Terminal, or Ivy Hill Loop. If traveling by train, NJT - Frank R. Lautenberg Secaucus Junction Station, Newark Penn Station, and East Orange Station are nearest to Downtown Newark.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Downtown Newark?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Downtown Newark are Doubletree by Hilton Newark Airport, Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott, and Hilton Newark Airport. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Downtown Newark are New York Homestay, Karina's Guest House, and J & A Care Facilities.
Where are the best restaurants near Downtown Newark?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Downtown Newark are Tops Diner, Wawa, and McDonald's.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Downtown Newark?
Check out the nearby West Hudson Park, Eagle Rock Reservation, and Lincoln Park.
Store your luggage around Downtown Newark
Luggage storage nearby most Downtown Newark hotspotsPosted
Downtown Newark Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage near Downtown Newark?” Perhaps you just arrived in New York and need a place to store your bags near Downtown Newark before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Gucci Paramus Garden State Plaza, Jamba Menlo Park Mall, or Woodbridge Center Mall and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on sightseeing in the Downtown Newark area at Central Park, Union Square Park, or Bryant Park and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Downtown Newark!
Luggage storage nearby Downtown Newark with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in New York with multiple locations near Downtown Newark.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Downtown Newark area start at just $6.90 per 24h/bag .
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Downtown Newark area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, and Central Park Zoo. You can also go for a hike around Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park, Eastern Parkway Malls, and Sandy Hook. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Martygras, Mugs Pub, and Star Tavern Pizzeria.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Downtown Newark area?
✅Multiple locations near Downtown Newark✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Downtown Newark with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Downtown Newark really easily.Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Downtown Newark and New York without your things!
Downtown Newark is a destination that is rapidly growing in popularity and offers some major cultural draw cards that are serving to attract more and more visitors. On a visit, you are going to encounter problems with storing larger luggage items which will hinder your stay if you attempt to carry them. Bounce luggage storage services recognize this problem and have a very practical solution. They team up with local businesses to provide convenient and reliable storage facilities where you most need them.
There was a time when the Four Corners intersection was considered the busiest intersection in the country. Since then, this area has been through its ups and downs, but it is safe to say that it is now very much on the up. In part, this is due to some of the major cultural centers that are based here. The New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Newark Symphony Hall, and Newark Museum are just some of the attractions that are making this a popular destination, both to visit or to settle.
In particular, NJPAC has become a cornerstone of downtown Newark and has served as a cohesive element for locals, and a major drawcard for people coming from further afield. Its mission has always been to serve as a community-based arts center, and it has done this admirably. One of the things that makes NJPAC such a drawcard is the wide range of events it hosts in its venues. From Hip Hop to Shakespeare, from jazz to rock and roll. With such broad appeal, it is easy to understand why this venue has done so much for Downtown Newark.
In addition to all that NJPAC has to offer its visitors, its position right in the heart of Downtown Newark means that there are plenty of other choice attractions to include while on a visit.
- Grab some fresh air and let the kids go wild in the landscaped gardens of Military Park right next door to your destination.
- Get some culture at Newark Symphony Hall. Combine another event while on your Newark visit. These two buildings are so close that it seems almost a shame not to.
- See the spiritual heart of the city at Newark Basilica. Enjoy a few minutes of peace and admire this stunning Gothic building on a tour of the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
- Celebrate American musical heritage at a jazz show. The city is renowned for its links to this genre of music and the Priory is the place to tell other jazz aficionados you took in a show.
- See the latest in modern art at City Without Walls. Known locally simply as cWOW, this contemporary art space is a must for lovers of local and modern works.
The great thing about being so close to New York is that you are assured that there will be great public transport links.
- Newark Penn Station. From here you are just a 10-minute walk from NJPAC but both a taxi ride or the Newark light rail will take just five minutes.
- Newark Broad Street Station. Slightly further away, a walk from this station will take 13-minutes and the Newark light rail ride is nine minutes.
- Driving. If you do opt to drive then bear in mind that there is limited street parking in the vicinity. There are parking lots at both NJPAC and Military Park but you will need to book in advance.
Luggage facilities: Although there are luggage storage facilities you will not be allowed into the theatres with bags measuring more than 12" x 12" x 8". This can be quite prohibitive and so you should consider dropping your bags at a nearby Bounce luggage storage facility. This will free you from the constraints of having to deal with large bags and Bounce’s free insurance cover means you will have complete peace of mind.
Activities and attractions near Newark
- Ironbound. This suburb is Newark’s playground. Once commonly known as ‘the neck’ it was built around the iron industry which was the predominant employer here until the 1920s. Today it is a great place to visit if you want to grab a bite or just explore. It is very multi-cultural but is dominated by a large Portuguese population who have brought some of their great cooking traditions with them. In a city that is making deliberate attempts to become a twenty-four-hour city, there will always be something happening at Ironbound.
- Prudential Center. Let's face it. Not everybody in the family is necessarily an art lover and some compromises might need to be made here. This arena hosts basketball games, ice hockey matches and all manner of concerts, so it may be a useful tool to entice those less artistically inclined members of your group to join you on your visit. Although basketball is the big attraction here, it is always worth checking out what is on because the stadium goes to great lengths to ensure a very varied program of events.
- Newark Museum of Art. In this, the largest art museum in the state, you will be able to see a wide range of different art types including American, decorative and contemporary exhibits. Any art lover can easily lose hours here but you won’t be able to bring in large bags, so consider contacting Bounce.
- Branch Brook Park. Downtown Newark doesn’t lack for green spaces but as parks go, this one is pretty special. Set in 359 acres, the park holds over 4000 cherry trees and a visit in the spring is a dazzling experience. There is a cherry festival held at that time but even if your visit doesn’t combine with the blossoms, it is a wonderful place for a stroll. Once again, dragging bags is not really practical here, but Bounce luggage storage has got you covered so get in touch.