How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Port Authority Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 9, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Port Authority?" Perhaps you just arrived in New York and need a place to store your bags near Port Authority before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Gucci Paramus Garden State Plaza, Pelham Manor Shopping Plaza, or Woodbridge Center Mall and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at National September 11 Memorial, Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk, or George Washington Bridge .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Port Authority!
Luggage storage nearby Port Authority with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in New York with multiple locations near Port Authority.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Port Authority area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Port Authority area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, and Central Park Zoo. You can also go for a hike around Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park, Eastern Parkway Malls, and Sandy Hook. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Terminal 5, The Loeb Boathouse, and Beer Authority.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Port Authority area?
✅Multiple locations near Port Authority✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Port Authority with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Port Authority really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Port Authority and New York without your things!
About Port Authority
Port Authority is located on Eighth Avenue between West 40th and 42nd streets, conveniently situated between the Lincoln Tunnel and Times Square. It includes 223 departure gates and services approximately 225,000 riders daily, making it the busiest bus terminal in the world by volume of traffic.
Fun fact: According to a 2012 report, although buses only accounted for only 11.4% of vehicles on the Lincoln Tunnel heading towards Port Authority, they carried 73.4% of all the tunnel’s travelers.
Things to Do near Port Authority
Given Port Authority’s strategic location next to New York City tourist favorite Times Square, there’s no shortage of things to do in the area. Here’s a handful:
- Check out the statue of bus driver Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason) from the 1950s sitcom The Honeymooners within the bus terminal
- Bowl a strike at Frames Bowling Lounge on the Ninth Avenue side of the terminal
- Take in the sights and sounds of Times Square with its multimedia billboards and endless parade of flashing lights
- Visit the TKTS booth on Seventh Avenue for discounted tickets to day-of Broadway and other theater shows
- Buy tickets from Gray Line New York for a sightseeing tour of the Big Apple
Transit Options at Port Authority
- Adirondack Trailways
- Coach USA (Community, Leisure Lines, Newark Airport Express, Rockland Red and Tan, Shortline, Suburban)
- Fullington Trailways
- Martz Trailways
- NJ Transit
- Peter Pan (Bonanza)
- Trans-Bridge Lines
- MTA subway: 1, 2, 3, A, C, E, N, Q, R, W, 7, S
Luggage Storage near Port Authority
The bad news: Port Authority Bus Terminal doesn’t offer storage services for your bags. The good news: Bounce has partnered with businesses in the area to provide you with convenient solutions for luggage storage near Port Authority.
Choose from our select partners for hassle-free bag and luggage storage near Port Authority -- simply search the address you need storage around in the box at the top of this page and we'll show you all your options.
Luggage Storage Options near Port Authority
- New York Catacombs by Candlelight: Explore the fascinating catacombs of New York on this candlelit tour. As this requires a lot of walking and hands to hold the candle, leave any baggage with a Bounce nearby to make things easier.
- Jersey Boys on Broadway: If you have time and would like to check out a Broadway show, this is a great option to consider. Head on over and get your tickets to see a show that is full of classic hits! As seating will be tight, feel free to locate Bounce and leave any bigger bags there.
- The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum: Visit this museum if you have a bit of time to kill and would like to get more education on the 9/11 tragedy. This nonprofit museum honors those who fell during this time and keeps their memory alive. It's definitely a must-see.
- Statue of Liberty: As one of the shining stars of New York, no visit is complete without getting up close. Leave your stuff with a Bounce partner nearby and see Lady Liberty up close.
- One World Observatory: For those who want to take in as much of New York as possible, this observatory is definitely a place to visit. Take in all the glory of the skyline and surrounding area.
- Central Park: Get some fresh air in the lovely Central Park area. With lots of ground to cover, leaving bags with Bounce can make the experience all the more relaxing.
- Piccola Cucina Osteria: For great Italian and Mediterranean food, this restaurant is a must-visit. Head on over to Spring Street for a feast. Locate a Bounce partner nearby to leave your bags in a secure location while enjoying a great meal.
- Nish Nush: Visit this restaurant if you are looking for tasty and affordable food. With fantastic Middle Eastern options, the selection is varied and delicious! Drop off bags with Bounce so that you can free up your hands for easy eating.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Port Authority
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Port Authority?
The price for luggage storage near Port Authority is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Port Authority?
There are multiple locations in the Port Authority area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Terminal 4 and MTA - Broadway Junction Subway Station and all over New York.
Is it safe to store your bags near Port Authority?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Port Authority.
Are there storage lockers near Port Authority?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Port Authority area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Port Authority and in the broader New York area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Port Authority?
Popular metro stations like MTA Subway - 42nd St/Times Square/Port Authority Bus Terminal, MTA Subway - 59th St/Columbus Circle, or MTA Subway - Fulton St can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within New York near Port Authority, you may be close to some bus stations: Port Authority Bus Terminal, Gate 233, or Ridgefield Circle. If traveling by train, Hoboken Terminal, New York Penn Station, and Atlantic Terminal are nearest to Port Authority.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Port Authority?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Port Authority are New York Hilton Midtown, The Westin New York at Times Square, and Park Central New York. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Port Authority are Hostelling International, Chelsea International, and NY Moore Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Port Authority?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Port Authority are Atlantic Center, Eataly Flatiron, and Joe's Pizza.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Port Authority?
Check out the nearby Central Park, Union Square Park, and Bryant Park.