How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Rockefeller Center Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Jan 31, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Rockefeller Center?" Perhaps you just arrived in New York and need a place to store your bags near Rockefeller Center before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Gucci Paramus Garden State Plaza, Pelham Manor Shopping Plaza, or Teterboro Landing and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at National September 11 Memorial, Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk, or George Washington Bridge .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Rockefeller Center!
Luggage storage nearby Rockefeller Center with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in New York with multiple locations near Rockefeller Center.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Rockefeller Center area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Rockefeller Center area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, and Central Park Zoo. You can also go for a hike around Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park, Eastern Parkway Malls, and Sandy Hook. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Terminal 5, The Loeb Boathouse, and Beer Authority.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Rockefeller Center area?
✅Multiple locations near Rockefeller Center✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Rockefeller Center with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Rockefeller Center really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Rockefeller Center and New York without your things!
About Rockefeller Center
One of the most iconic places in New York City, Rockefeller Center comes to life during the holidays when the Christmas tree is lit, and the Rockettes appear. The lights on the tree are now powered by 300 solar panels creating an eco-efficient Christmas display. The center itself encompasses 19 commercial buildings and sits on 22 acres. Found between 48th and 51st Street in Midtown Manhattan, Rockefeller Center is almost always bustling with activity. Each year over 125 million people visit the center from all over the world.
Named as a National Historic Landmark in 1987, visitors today can shop, dine, and tour this iconic center at their leisure. Guided tours are also available. Head up to the observation deck for a panoramic view of New York City. Wander through the garden that has been cultivated inside the center. Since the 9/11 attacks on New York City, large tourist attractions have banned large bags and luggage. Therefore, you will need a place to stow your luggage when visiting Rockefeller Center. Bounce has partnered with businesses throughout NYC and offers short-term luggage storage solutions. Find a Bounce location near you to stow your bags then head over to Rockefeller Center.
Things to do in Rockefeller Center
Rockefeller Center is a busy place in Midtown Manhattan, hosting millions of people each year. Being part of New York City’s skyline, Rockefeller Center is an imposing attraction. While visiting Rockefeller Center, there is so much you can do and see, from shopping and eating to looking out over New York City on the observation deck. While here, you will be immersed in international cultures without ever leaving U.S. soil. Feel the anticipation of visitors as they press through the main entrance and begin their tour.
It will be challenging to see everything you hope in one trip to Rockefeller Center. Take some time to plan your visit to get the most out of your time there. Bounce has compiled a list to help get you started. Check out some of Bounce’s recommendations.
- View the 45-foot tall bronze statue of Atlas. This statue weighs more than seven tons and can be found just outside of Rockefeller Center.
- Tour the Channel Gardens, where something unique and colorful is always growing. Come see tulips blooming in the spring or walk through a weeping willow forest during the fall.
- Check out the mural named American Progress in the lobby at 30 Rockefeller Center, painted in 1937 by Jose Maria Sert.
- Take a tour of NBC Studios. Guided tours are available and give you a glimpse of the behind-the-scenes activity of NBC.
- Head up to the Top of the Rock Observation Deck, where you will have panoramic views of New York City. Bring your camera along for a fantastic bird’s eye view of the city.
- Sign up for a guided tour of Rockefeller Center. Knowledgeable guides will take you through the history of the Rockefeller family as well as the creation of Rockefeller Center.
- Shop ‘til you drop at Rockefeller Center. With over 100 stores and boutiques, there is something for everyone.
- Come for lunch or dinner at one of the fine dining or casual restaurants housed at Rockefeller Center.
- Immerse yourself in art at Rockefeller Center, where sculptures, paintings, photographs, art deco, and other famous artwork are displayed. Come enjoy without the stuffiness of an art gallery.
Transit Options in Rockefeller Center
- Subway (B, D, F, M Trains)
- Bus (M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M7, M50)
- Taxi or Ride-Share
Luggage Storage near Rockefeller Center
With over 125 million people visiting Rockefeller Center each year, you can bet it will be crowded when you visit. Large bags and luggage are not allowed inside the center either because of security threats and overcrowding. This may leave you wondering where you can safely stow your bags so you can go inside. You will want to ensure your bags are safe while out of your sight. Search for a Bounce partner to keep your luggage safe while you explore Rockefeller Center. Rest assured, Bounce will keep your bags safe until you return for them.
Luggage Storage Options near Rockefeller Center
- Museum of Modern Art: Located on 53rd Street, art lovers will spend hours walking through the museum marveling over the extensive collection of modern art. This contemporary art museum is one of the largest in the world. Most museums and art galleries do not allow large bags, so find a Bounce location to store your luggage.
- American Museum of Natural History: This is one of the largest natural history museums in the world and is home to over 1,000 different artifacts ranging from the prehistoric era to present day. Keep your luggage safely tucked away at a Bounce location while exploring the American Museum of Natural History.
- Grand Army Plaza: Located in the southeast corner of Central Park, the Grand Army Plaza is the picturesque oval that encompasses the main entrance of Prospect Park. A series of ovals make up the streets, making it easier for pedestrians to move through the streets into the park. Don’t drag your luggage with you when you visit Grand Army Plaza, stow them with Bounce.
- Times Square: This iconic tourist attraction is basically the epicenter of NYC. Watch the ball drop on New Year’s Eve in Times Square or just stroll through the streets, enjoying the vibrant feel of the area. Dragging your bags through Times Square is not ideal, find a Bounce location to store your bags.
- Madison Square Garden: The Garden, as it is fondly called by New Yorkers, is home to the NHL New York Rangers and the NBA New York Knicks. Concerts and other entertainment attractions commonly use the Garden, such as the Westminster Kennel Club’s prestigious dog show. Tours are available throughout the week, but large bags and luggage are not allowed. Find a Bounce location nearby to keep your bags.
- Battery Park: Also called the Battery, this 25-acre park faces New York Harbor and the Statue of Liberty. Snap photos of this national monument or take the ferry across to the Statue of Liberty. There are several Bounce locations nearby willing to stow your bags while you explore the park.
- Grand Central Station: The terminal of Grand Central Station is an absolute must-see. This iconic rail station has been featured in several movies, but there is nothing like seeing it in person. The station does get pretty busy, so don’t be a sitting duck with your baggage, store them at a Bounce location.
- Pennsylvania Station: Smaller than Grand Central Station but just as amazing to see in person, Penn Station is a major transit hub that runs beneath Madison Square Garden. Do a little shopping or grab a bite to eat at one of the restaurants. Leave your bag with Bounce so you can enjoy all Penn Station has to offer.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Rockefeller Center
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Rockefeller Center?
The price for luggage storage near Rockefeller Center is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Rockefeller Center?
There are multiple locations in the Rockefeller Center area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Terminal 4 and MTA - Broadway Junction Subway Station and all over New York.
Is it safe to store your bags near Rockefeller Center?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Rockefeller Center.
Are there storage lockers near Rockefeller Center?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Rockefeller Center area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Rockefeller Center and in the broader New York area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Rockefeller Center?
Popular metro stations like MTA Subway - 42nd St/Times Square/Port Authority Bus Terminal, MTA Subway - 59th St/Columbus Circle, or MTA Subway - Fulton St can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within New York near Rockefeller Center, you may be close to some bus stations: Port Authority Bus Terminal, Gate 233, or Ridgefield Circle. If traveling by train, Hoboken Terminal, New York Penn Station, and Atlantic Terminal are nearest to Rockefeller Center.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Rockefeller Center?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Rockefeller Center are New York Hilton Midtown, The Westin New York at Times Square, and Park Central New York. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Rockefeller Center are Hostelling International, Chelsea International, and NY Moore Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Rockefeller Center?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Rockefeller Center are Atlantic Center, Eataly Flatiron, and Joe's Pizza.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Rockefeller Center?
Check out the nearby Central Park, Union Square Park, and Bryant Park.