How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Natural History Museum Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 9, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Natural History Museum?" Perhaps you just arrived in New York and need a place to store your bags near Natural History Museum before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Gucci Paramus Garden State Plaza, Pelham Manor Shopping Plaza, or Teterboro Landing and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at National September 11 Memorial, Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk, or George Washington Bridge .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Natural History Museum!
Luggage storage nearby Natural History Museum with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in New York with multiple locations near Natural History Museum.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Natural History Museum area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Natural History Museum area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, and Central Park Zoo. You can also go for a hike around Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge Path, Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park, and Eastern Parkway Malls. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Terminal 5, The Loeb Boathouse, and Beer Authority.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Natural History Museum area?
✅Multiple locations near Natural History Museum✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Natural History Museum with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Natural History Museum really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Natural History Museum and New York without your things!
About the Natural History Museum
The Natural History Museum, also known as the American Museum of Natural History, is located on Central Park West in Theodore Roosevelt Park in New York City. Established in 1869, this museum has worked toward its global mission goal of digging up, extrapolating and sharing information to the public in a fun and interesting way. Interested in giant dinosaurs and their story while on Earth? How about viewing a volcanic eruption on a 3D screen? The beauty of butterflies and the history of the horse are past and present exhibits of this incredible museum. This museum has earned high distinctions for its scientific compilations and displays, and they are seen as a guiding hand to the entire planet. When you visit this educational space, you’ll want to spend some serious time meandering through the exhibits and demonstrations. Don't miss a visit here!
Whether a local of New York City or a tourist fitting in the sites of The Big Apple, making a full itinerary won't be difficult. It's Manhattan after all, and you'll want to include nearby spectacular sights like Central Park, Belvedere Castle, and Bethesda Fountain. Don't let the burden of your bags put a damper on your experience. Be sure to utilize Bounce locations near the museum to safely store your stuff.
Things to do near the Natural History Museum
The Natural History Museum is worth a day or even more of your time. The expansive exhibits include interactive displays, ecological dioramas, and massive sculptures sure to amaze. The thrills in NYC move beyond the museum. Check out the neighborhood and be sure to include these Bounce recommended sights:
- Climb Summit Rock in nearby Central Park
- Head to the Ramble, a 38-acre site of both man-made and natural trails and features
- Head to Central Park and the Victorian-styled Ladies Pavillion
- Marvel at the Ansonia, a majestic apartment building in the Upper West Side
- Shop and eat at the GreenFlea Market
- Venture further to see the World Trade Center's Liberty Park
- Take a tour of the incredible Statue of Liberty
- Grab a bite to eat in the museum or choose a table at a restaurant in the neighborhood
Transit Options near the Natural History Museum
- Port Authority Bus: BXM2 - M10, Bus M-79
- New York City Subway: Subway - B, Subway - C
- Train: Train JOURNAL SQUARE - 33rd
Luggage Storage near the Natural History Museum
New York City is exceptionally crowded on any given day or time, and carrying baggage around is cumbersome and unnecessary. Locate a Bounce partner near the Natural History Museum and stash your bags until later. Your gear will be safe, and you can leave it as long as you need. Seeing the sights of NYC is best when hands-free.
Luggage Storage Options near the Natural History Museum
- OLogy: What a great way to educate the kids, and perhaps learn a bit yourself! OLogy teaches the kids about fossils, anthropology, space, zoology, and so much more in an exciting and fun way. Storing your stuff with Bounce enables you to get your “hands-on” too.
- The Butterfly Conservatory: Learn about over 500 species of butterflies. They'll be flying freely among the lush tropical plants on which they thrive, develop and move through their life cycles. Don't carry your gear around as you wander through “the tropics." Bounce offers you the opportunity to store your stuff safely to enjoy this unique display.
- Volcanoes: The Fires of Creation: This is a video presentation of how volcanoes were born. See the world as we know it today and how it is still changing. To save space inside the theater, drop your bags off at a Bounce location near the museum and pick them up when you’re ready.
- Worlds Beyond Earth - A Hayden Planetarium Space Show: This is another opportunity to learn about space and the universe from a sitting position. After you’ve wandered around the museum awhile, rest might be in order, and this 25-minute video presentation is just the ticket! Be sure to stash your stuff with Bounce and pick it up later.
- T. Rex: The Ultimate Predator: You’ll see life-sized replicas and learn some of the most fearsome things about life when he walked the Earth. Eliminate a fearsome issue while you visit the museum – stash your stuff with one of Bounce’s partner businesses for safe-keeping during your visit.
- The Blue Whale: See the 21,000 pounds of fiberglass and foam as it is suspended by a lone steel pipe, connected to hidden components inside the model and the ceiling. Speaking of weight – why not let Bounce handle your bags while you visit the museum? Look for one of their locations to stash your belongings.
- Rapa Nui (Easter Island) Moai Cast: Have you ever wondered about those immense carved figures found on Easter Island? This incredible representation will answer many of those questions. Drop your bags with Bounce to see the exhibit unencumbered.
- Williamette Meteorite: Did you know that this largest meteorite ever found in the U.S. is over 15.5 tons? You’ll learn the why and the how of meteorites in our universe. Stow your bags with Bounce and check out this informative exhibit.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Natural History Museum
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Natural History Museum?
The price for luggage storage near Natural History Museum is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Natural History Museum?
There are multiple locations in the Natural History Museum area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Atlantic Terminal, Terminal 4, and MTA - Broadway Junction Subway Station and all over New York.
Is it safe to store your bags near Natural History Museum?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Natural History Museum.
Are there storage lockers near Natural History Museum?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Natural History Museum area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Natural History Museum and in the broader New York area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Natural History Museum?
Popular metro stations like MTA Subway - 42nd St/Times Square/Port Authority Bus Terminal, MTA Subway - 59th St/Columbus Circle, or MTA Subway - Fulton St can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within New York near Natural History Museum, you may be close to some bus stations: Port Authority Bus Terminal, Gate 233, or Ridgefield Circle. If traveling by train, Hoboken Terminal, New York Penn Station, and NJT - Frank R. Lautenberg Secaucus Junction Station are nearest to Natural History Museum.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Natural History Museum?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Natural History Museum are New York Hilton Midtown, The Westin New York at Times Square, and Park Central New York. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Natural History Museum are Hostelling International, Chelsea International, and NY Moore Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Natural History Museum?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Natural History Museum are Eataly Flatiron, Joe's Pizza, and The Halal Guys.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Natural History Museum?
Check out the nearby Central Park, Union Square Park, and Bryant Park.