How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
East Village Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 1, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near East Village?" Perhaps you just arrived in New York and need a place to store your bags near East Village before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Gucci Paramus Garden State Plaza, Pelham Manor Shopping Plaza, or Woodbridge Center Mall and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at National September 11 Memorial, Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk, or George Washington Bridge .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near East Village!
Luggage storage nearby East Village with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in New York with multiple locations near East Village.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the East Village area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the East Village area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, and Central Park Zoo. You can also go for a hike around Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park, Eastern Parkway Malls, and Sandy Hook. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Terminal 5, The Loeb Boathouse, and Beer Authority.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the East Village area?
✅Multiple locations near East Village✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near East Village with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to East Village really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy East Village and New York without your things!
About the East Village
Originally the home of the indigenous Lenape people, Manhattan's East Village has undergone multiple drastic changes over the centuries to become what it is today. East Village is one of New York's most colorful neighborhoods, due in large part to the efforts of groups like the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation - or the GVSHP for short. East Village's landmarks reflect the neighborhood's culture, history, and spirit. The locale has many festivals, theaters, museums, and amazing parks, and is home to tons of artists, actors and actresses, and political activists.
Fun fact: The East Village and neighboring Lowest East Side have the greatest concentration of community gardens in all of the United States.
Things to do in the East Village
East Village is a cultural hub that's unlike any other - not only in New York but around the entire globe. You'll find plenty of concerts to vibe to, paintings to admire, and museums to explore. Many of America's East Coast neighborhoods are also famous for their great tasting food, and East Village is no different. Bounce recommends that you look into the following activities during your visit.
- Grab a bite to eat and a cup of Joe at Black Seed Bagels
- Find your center at Yoga to the People, a free donation-funded yoga studio
- Explore Chicago's Chinese American Museum, in the heart of Chinatown
- Broaden your horizons at the Mast Books bookstore
- Get your spirits lifted at the Nuyorican Poets Cafe
- Visit the Ukrainian Museum and learn about this East Slavic culture's expansive history
- Embark on one of Manhattan's epic food tours
- Mosey through East Village's breathtaking Mosaic Trail, and see one of a kind art pieces
Transit Options in the East Village
- Metro Bus
- Train: Line Route PATH
- MTA Subway: 5, 6, F, R
Luggage Storage in the East Village
East Village is approximately 492 acres in size. Most New York communities are somewhat packed and condensed, meaning that you'll be sharing the streets with hundreds of other pedestrians at any given time. Traveling through East Village can be tons of fun - if you properly prepare for the trip, that is. Drop off your bags at a trusted Bounce partner to explore this diverse community.
Luggage Storage Options near the East Village
- The Museum of the American Gangster: At this unique place, you’ll find a museum that chronicles New York’s intricate relationship with organized crime. Check your luggage at a Bounce location nearby before heading over.
- Tompkins Square Park: You’ll find this historic park nestled between 7th and 10th street. Bring plenty of bird feed, and leave the rest of your gear with Bounce.
- La Mama E.T.C: This boundary-pushing theater can be found on 74A E. 4th Street. Excessive baggage isn't permitted at La Mama, so you'd best Bounce your things away before you visit.
- Benjamin’s Steakhouse: You can find this insanely popular restaurant on 52 E 41st Street. Most American restaurants, including Benjamin's, won't let you enter with tons of luggage. Bounce will take care of your things while you wine and dine.
- Tree Bistro: If you're in the mood for French cuisine while you're visiting East Village, store your luggage with Bounce, and then stop by for a bite.
- Bateaux New York Dinner Cruise: For about $200 per person, you can experience a delectable dinner and an awe-inspiring cruise through the Hudson River all in one package. Leave your luggage with Bounce, then set sail.
- Greenwich Walking and Food Tasting Tour: For about $70, you can tour one of East Village's sister cities. For about $6 per day, Bounce can hang onto your luggage while you explore.
- St. Mark’s Church-In-The-Bowery: Check your gear with Bounce, journey over to 131 East 10th Street, and marvel at one of Manhattan's most famous parishes.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near East Village
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near East Village?
The price for luggage storage near East Village is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near East Village?
There are multiple locations in the East Village area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Terminal 4 and all over New York.
Is it safe to store your bags near East Village?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near East Village.
Are there storage lockers near East Village?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the East Village area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby East Village and in the broader New York area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near East Village?
Popular metro stations like MTA Subway - 42nd St/Times Square/Port Authority Bus Terminal, MTA - Broadway Junction Subway Station, or MTA Subway - 59th St/Columbus Circle can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within New York near East Village, you may be close to some bus stations: Port Authority Bus Terminal, Gate 233, or MTA Q69 - 21st & 34th ave. If traveling by train, Hoboken Terminal, New York Penn Station, and Atlantic Terminal are nearest to East Village.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near East Village?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near East Village are New York Hilton Midtown, The Westin New York at Times Square, and Park Central New York. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near East Village are Hostelling International, Chelsea International, and NY Moore Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near East Village?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near East Village are Atlantic Center, Eataly Flatiron, and Joe's Pizza.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near East Village?
Check out the nearby Central Park, Union Square Park, and Bryant Park.